Unichip can't reprogram older unichips anymore?

factorviii

Reaction score
I just bought a unichip off of some guy on v6p and I called unichip today to see if they can reprogram it.. They said they no longer support the unichip made for our car because the reprogramming software works off of DOS and they no longer use it or something...

Does anyone know anything about this or have experience with this?

or maybe someone in SoCal who knows a unichip tuner?

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
Those lousy pigs. Why would they not keep the MAP files for our cars...

Yeah, I think they run off a program from Windows 95.

When I had mine tuned at Battlground 3 years ago, he had to bring out an old a$$ laptop with windows 95 "specifically" to tune it.

I'm guessing your only bet is to find a tuner who can still tune the older style. Guess that is why they don't sell it anymore.

factorviii

Reaction score
Those lousy pigs. Why would they not keep the MAP files for our cars...

Yeah, I think they run off a program from Windows 95.

When I had mine tuned at Battlground 3 years ago, he had to bring out an old a$$ laptop with windows 95 "specifically" to tune it.

I'm guessing your only bet is to find a tuner who can still tune the older style. Guess that is why they don't sell it anymore.

was yours actually tuned or just reprogrammed? I don't think its worth it to spend 300+ on a tune when I can get an AEM FIC for almost the same cost that way more shops support. I should of just saved up more and bought the FIC, looks like I learned the hard way

WHEEELMAN

Reaction score
was yours actually tuned or just reprogrammed? I don't think its worth it to spend 300+ on a tune when I can get an AEM FIC for almost the same cost that way more shops support. I should of just saved up more and bought the FIC, looks like I learned the hard way

I got mine wayyyyy back in th eday, from V6performance.net group buy.

Maurcie, the founder of V6P, put it all together with Unichip.us and got us MAPS set up from Stock all the way up to Supercharged set ups.

I got mine initially Pre-programmed. Then i did have it Tuned a few years back after I had J35A3 heads swapped onto my J30A1.

** I sold mine a few years back, but I did call them and ask if they still had the MAPS, so they could re-program it for the buyers set up. They told me yes, they still have them at $25 for a re-map. Maybe shortly after I called them they decided to ditch the MAPS???

factorviii

Reaction score
I got mine wayyyyy back in th eday, from V6performance.net group buy.

Maurcie, the founder of V6P, put it all together with Unichip.us and got us MAPS set up from Stock all the way up to Supercharged set ups.

I got mine initially Pre-programmed. Then i did have it Tuned a few years back after I had J35A3 heads swapped onto my J30A1.

** I sold mine a few years back, but I did call them and ask if they still had the MAPS, so they could re-program it for the buyers set up. They told me yes, they still have them at $25 for a re-map. Maybe shortly after I called them they decided to ditch the MAPS???

That's what I think happened because about a year ago I was going to buy a unichip and the guy called to make sure they can still reprogram them and he said yes, but then I found out his unichip was for a 98-99 so it wouldn't work with my car. Can't believe they stopped reprogramming within the last year :mad:

Back