Uninstalling body kit question

_KeepItSimple

Reaction score
Today i had a little accident with a curb..long story short i clipped it
& it ripped half the side skirt off. So now i want to take the
whole body kit off & my question is, if i took it to a body shop to remove it will it cost me?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
cant u take it off urself? ima assume u used screws and double sided tape? o_O if im wrong, prob not much from the shop.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
ooo hm..., i guess u can look around for screws and use a screwdriver to take it out lols. btw welcome!

nexTOme

Reaction score
how can removing sideskirts/bumper(body kit?)/lip be difficult? :thinking:

look around and see what you find; screws/bracket
unless its molded on...thats different story....

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
What kit is in your car? Is it molded? Pics? Regardless, it won't be difficult to remove & would be a waste of money to have a bodyshop do the work for you.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
if its a fiberglass body kit just get a crobar and pry it off..then find the mounting points and unscrew them..toss the body kit and put the OE bumpers,sides back on.. :) haha

front bumper-
There should be a screw/bolt 10mm or 8mm on each corner*where it meets the fender=may have to move the fender liner a tad to get to it.
there will be 5 push-in clips under the hood,2 on the bumper next to the headlights, 3 in the middle holding on the grille

the sides,could just be screws on the front and back (infront of back tire,behind front tire) screwed over top of OE sides..
if the OE sides are still on there..look under the car there will be 3 of those GAY "screw in push clips" pop those out, from the back tire push towards the front tire..itl pop off..itl take some force.mayb a rubber mallet.

rear-
2 bolts on the corners meeting the quarter panel.
and about 6 push in clips under the trunk lip*open the trunk and ull see them

hope that gives you a starting point to looking..thats where everything is OE so hopfully they put the body kit on the same or close to it.

Last edited:
Back