Uninstalling HIDs

BriTess

Reaction score
When I got my car a couple years ago the previous owner had HIDs installed in them. Now, the left headlight flickers during warm-up and I'd rather just throw the regular bulbs in instead of buying a new ballast/bulb. How hard are they to uninstall and can someone go through the process for me?

001Stunna

Reaction score
When I got my car a couple years ago the previous owner had HIDs installed in them. Now, the left headlight flickers during warm-up and I'd rather just throw the regular bulbs in instead of buying a new ballast/bulb. How hard are they to uninstall and can someone go through the process for me?

Well you'd need to look at how the previous owner has them connected. Does he have a harness or no?

Most chances just unplug the ballast connector from stock connector. Unplug ballast amp connectors from bulb amp connectors. Take out bulb, take out ballast. Put a normal 9006 bulb in headlight and plug stock connector to it.

If he used a harness do the same as above but remove the harness as well, which will have a connector to battery positive and a ground. It'll have only one connection to the stock connectors and connect to both ballasts.

Some diagrams i found online...
IF no Harness
hidkit.jpg

WITH Harness
Single_Harness.jpg

F350spyder

Reaction score
Most chances just unplug the ballast connector from stock connector. Unplug ballast amp connectors from bulb amp connectors. Take out bulb, take out ballast. Put a normal 9006 bulb in headlight and plug stock connector to it.

Hopefully that's all you'll have to do. If you still want more light without the hassle of HID's, I would suggest the 9005 bulbs for the main headlights. Just have to shave off the tabs on the inside and they plug right in providing better lighting IMO than the 9006s did.

Back