Unique SRS Light Problem

jwong512

Reaction score
So I replacing my odometer bulb and swapped it with my side airbag bulb since I hate it. After I swapped them, my SRS light stays on. Could it be going off cause of the burnt bulb on the side airbag? I did not tamper with anything else while touching it.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Change the bulb back...if it goes away then yes. If it doesnt go away you;ve got another problem.

...i would think that should've been first thing to try right when it happened.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
Why were you swapping bulbs in the first place if you don't mind me asking? And there is a DIY on how to flash you SRS light very easily.

Link: http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2166&highlight=SRS

Edit: Just realized what caused the SRS light. I'm assuming you unplugged the connectors on the back of the gauge pod to get to the bulbs. The first time those connectors get unplugged it will throw a SRS code. Did the same for me when I installed my reverse glow gauges a long time ago. Just use the information in the link to clear it.

Last edited:

jwong512

Reaction score
This is the second time I unplugged it and it happened. My odometer light stopped working and I hate my side airbag light so I decided to swap it. I will swap them back again tonight and see what happens.

jwong512

Reaction score
I swapped the bulb and the side airbag light turns on but srs remain on. I guess I will have to perform the srs trick. Thanks though.

jwong512

Reaction score
Seems like it was the side airbag bulb. Put a new bulb in, reset the srs light and it went away. Thanks for all the help!

Back