Unknown HELP Please

DrewFresh

Reaction score
I recently had a CEL code P1457 and while driving at times the car will shut off on me. I will pull over put it in park start it again and it's good like nothing never happened. I had changed the Shut Valve solenoid 2 wks ago and I never got the CEL on the dash again and the car never shut off on me for about 2wks until today my car was shutting off on me while I was driving. Doesn't matter if I'm doing 80 or 25mph the motor shut off with the radio still playing. I'll give it a few attempts to start it will just turn but not start, continue again and it will go then shut off in a patterned. What can be the problem, I don't have a CEL??? Is it my fuel pump??? Please HELP

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Your car shutting off should be independent of the p1457, that's just a fuel evap leak near the canister area. Not sure that can get severe enough that the car would shut off. I would look into the ignition recall as mentioned.

DrewFresh

Reaction score
I was at the dealer months ago and they told me I was due for a recall free of cost for the ignition, could that be the cause?

DrewFresh

Reaction score
Sorry with the late repIy, I had changed my shut value and sea foamed my car and that fixed the CEL and gave my car a lil power afterwards. I had replaced the main relay because the dealer said it was bad and that was the cause of my problem. The dealer said my ignition switch was fine but I seen it was at fault so I ordered a new switch but didn't install."My fault, should of did it and not trust the dealer" About more then a month later my car was shutting off again while driving so I recently changed the switch and so far so good. It's a difference with the new switch. THANKS

Back