UNOFFICIAL CanAm Cruise '12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
oh god i just burst out laughing, that was perfect

as for the whorage, thats why i made the original thread in smackdown, kevin made it in CanAm subforum (makes sense) :lawl:

and as of now, no spot. or date. but pretty sure it'll be stateside again

Raul

Reaction score
if it is not in Niagara Falls or nearby, most likely there will be less people. Stats from last Can Am events prove that.

SAV

Reaction score
if it is not in Niagara Falls or nearby, most likely there will be less people. Stats from last Can Am events prove that.

Were you at the last CanAm? How do you know the stats? I was at the last CanAm and every CanAm before that. Infact, now that I think of it I've been to every Niagara Cruise and CanAm since 2005.

I know pretty well that we had pretty good turnout in 2011. It was much more diverse than having it in Ontario. We had people from VA/MA/RI/PA/NY/NJ/CT/OH/ON/QC, I can easily say it was one of the best cruises that we had in the history of CanAm.

Obviously it was the first year in the states so I have to give the Americans credit, our first cruise didn't go that well either. But once we had enough people on board to plan sucha large event, it always ran smoothly. A lot of people don't realize how much work goes into the background of planning of these events. I remember planning CanAm 2010 along with G and Derek, as well as coordination from Justin/Kevin stateside. We probably made like 20 Toronto-Niagara Falls trips, talked to vendors, got raffle prizes, created a site, created a forum, rented a trailer, rented a bbq, got event insurance, paid park fees, informed OPP/NRPS, created a route and drove it, planned times, got tshirts made, stickers made, created waivers, posted on all different forums and promoted the event, and had to recruit volunteers (or team leaders) and have meetings.

Like I said, people often underlook how much head work needs to be done here if you want the event to be run as smooth as possible. I confidently say that I really don't know anyone besides Derek, G, and I that could pull it off again - CanAm was our full time job...

001Stunna

Reaction score
Like I said, people often underlook how much head work needs to be done here if you want the event to be run as smooth as possible. I confidently say that I really don't know anyone besides Derek, G, and I that could pull it off again - CanAm was our full time job...
Relax, don't go patting your own shoulders with both hands dude.

Were you at the last CanAm? How do you know the stats? I was at the last CanAm and every CanAm before that. Infact, now that I think of it I've been to every Niagara Cruise and CanAm since 2005.
You have a house in Niagara if i'm not mistaken hence it makes sense for you make the pre-mentioned Niagara Cruises either way. You do the trip quite often when you go home anyway.

Last edited:

Raul

Reaction score
I dont know why you would bring up the hard work of the coordinators when I am just discussing venues. All I said was Niagara Falls or near by. It could be in NY too.

To me stats were shown by pictures. Looking at the pics, it seems like other Can Ams have had a lot more cars.

anyhow, keep up the good work:beer2:

SAV

Reaction score
Relax, don't go patting your own shoulders with both hands dude.

I'm not patting my shoulders, I'm patting the whole team's shoulders. Whoever puts them together everywhere.

You have a house in Niagara if i'm not mistaken hence it makes sense for you make the pre-mentioned Niagara Cruises either way. You do the trip quite often when you go home anyway.

Firstly, we didn't go to Niagara Falls. Not sure if you know, but the cruise wasn't in Niagara Falls but rather through Lincoln, Grimsby, Pelham, and Fonthill. Second, G and Derek don't live in Niagara Falls, they took time out of their schedule to help.

I dont know why you would bring up the hard work of the coordinators when I am just discussing venues. All I said was Niagara Falls or near by. It could be in NY too.

To me stats were shown by pictures. Looking at the pics, it seems like other Can Ams have had a lot more cars.

It wasn't directed specifically toward you, it was directed toward anyone that says that it should be in Niagara because the last one sucked. Unless you were there, no one can say it sucked. I drove 6 hours and I enjoyed myself...

02_VTEC_SE

Reaction score
damn canadians! stop this nonsense!

and USA why u not like skyrines crossing over? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back