Unorthodox Racing Stock Size Pulley

garebear911

Reaction score
Unorthodox Racing Stock Size Pulley
what do you think of it and is it worth getting? installation difficulty?
thanks.
btw I did search around, no luck

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
lemon, you have no idea if this mod is worth it.

back to the OP...which pulley? im assuming the crank pulley, but idk since you didnt specify anything.

retroshark

Reaction score
ive heard that the pulleys can put undue stress on other parts of the car, and that the power gains are negligable. im not 100% sure on this, but i remmeber reading that about them. ill do a search when i get home from my interview and see if i can help ya out, since ive been offered a set or two recently, and didnt really remember what exactly id read about em.

SeanXtec

Reaction score
It is true that they can put stress on cars. The stress is caused by the fact that people slap these on cars that are externally balanced, where the crank doubles as a harmonic balancer(there is no balancer in the unorthodox pulley). There's always a big debate on the topic, but from what I've gathered, the accord is internally balanced, and using the unorthodox shouldn't cause any damage, even in the long run. I'm not sure about the i4, but the lightened crank pulley frees up a good amount of horsepower in the v6's, definitely enough to justify the cost.

Last edited:

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
Dont get it I heard all this thing does is make you a little bit quicker of the line but takes away from your top speed. Honestly i believe its not worth a dime and this is information is coming from someone who owns a tunning shop who has put it on a 6th gen in the area where i stay

Last edited:

SeanXtec

Reaction score
Dont get it I heard all this thing does is make you a little bit quicker of the line but take away from your top speed. Honestly i Believe Its not worth a dime and this is information is coming from someone who owns a tunning shop who has put it on a 6th gen in the area where i stay

Clear and concise sentences, are what we are aiming for here.

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
i have them on my v6 and yea they were alot lighter and look really nice. but honestly i dont think they gave me more power.. just lighter... but im still happy i got them for a really good price in a package deal along with my unichip :)

michaelp4283

Reaction score
This debate will go on forever. My advice, try it and either keep it or sell it. Its not a permanent mod. I'm trying one on my build.

*MOD EDIT* You don't have enough posts to sell items yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back