:::UPDATED 03/19/12 wheels::: Rabiaa's 00 Accord EX V6 Sedan --BLACK WHEELS!--

Rabiaa

Reaction score
Re: Rabiaa's '00 Accord EX V6 Sedan - Cleann

Dont buy springs on stock struts. I already made that mistake. My shocks haven't blown out (yet) but the ride quality isn't as good as coilovers.

Damn. I don't live in an area with bad roads at all, but it's better safe than sorry, right? And I can't afford coil-overs, so I think I'll go the Koni Yellows route.

Last edited:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score

You could always save up for coilovers.

After market springs on stock shocks is a no no. Look into the DIY Section and look into black housing your headlights.

If you get wheels with the right offset then you won't need spacers. I've never ran a camber kit and I've never had a problem with excess camber wear as long as my toe is as close to zero as possible. Definitely make sure to research more. Welcome and happy Modding! .

Rabiaa

Reaction score

You could always save up for coilovers.

After market springs on stock shocks is a no no. Look into the DIY Section and look into black housing your headlights.

If you get wheels with the right offset then you won't need spacers. I've never ran a camber kit and I've never had a problem with excess camber wear as long as my toe is as close to zero as possible. Definitely make sure to research more. Welcome and happy Modding! .

Thanks for the advice, dude. :thumbup: But I'm not gonna go all out on this car and buy coil-overs for it.. Right now I'm looking at Megan Racing coil-over sleevs and Koni Yellows for the suspension.

And next weekend I shall black house the headlights. I'll upload pics.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Get Ground Control sleeves instead of Megans. Good choice on the Yellows though, they're on sale right now too.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

ANOTHER 16yr old.

Welcome to the site.

Looks like a clean project to start with, too bad about the tranny situation, hopefully that will be the last time you have to deal with that headache.

Deviousjet

Reaction score

I think after you factor in the cost of Koni yellows and springs you could have just got F&F type 1 coils and been done.

Rabiaa

Reaction score

Update!!

The Accord has been running pretty good, except for the transmission. Hasn't gotten that much worse, but it's slippin' a bit. Haven't gotten any of the suspension parts yet... :bash:

Just about a month ago I completely overhauled the Accord's audio system. Installed:

• Pioneer DEH-1300 MP head unit
  • 2 Infinity Reference 6032cf 6.5-Inch speakers in the front doors
  • 2 Infinity Reference 9632cf 6x9-Inch in the back
  • 2 Polk Audio 10-inch GXR subwoofers
  • Crunch PowerZone P.1100 amplifier

Pictures

Reference 6032cf
taAFc.jpg

Close up
Vw6IH.jpg

Pioneer head unit. You can see the door power controls to the right :p
zsiLI.jpg

The subwoofers and amp
u7K9W.jpg

The subs are not amazing at all. They hit at around 165 rms each; couldn't pass them up at the flea market when they were selling them for $40 with the box! The amp has a lot more potential, though. 600 rms. Gonna buy an SPL SP3-10 800 rms subwoofer soon.

Video of the audio system

New to-do list:

• NRG strut bar
  • AEM short ram intake

Last edited:

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
Re: Rabiaa's '00 Accord EX V6 Sedan FINALLY UPDATED Feb 28th, '12! After a year!

How are those infinity door and rears?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: Rabiaa's '00 Accord EX V6 Sedan FINALLY UPDATED Feb 28th, '12! After a year!

So you did all that audio work and you have been having tranny issues?

:poke:

Back