upper strut bar install

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
So I bought an upper strutbar and went to do the install...Everything was fine until I got to looking at where the factory strut brace arms are located coming off of the firewall. There is no way this will work unless I remove them. The passenger side will work, but the way the brace on the drivers side is formed...I'll have to cut it off or grind it down... seems kinda pointless. Anyone else had this trouble before? I'll post pics shortly.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You got one of those 3 piece bars didnt you. The 2 mounts on the strut towers w/ a bar inbetween.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
look up on the cowl (the big piece of plastic that goes all the way across the top of the firewall) and there is a cover on both sides. pop the covers off, and there are 2 nuts on each stock thinger...

scrapnav6

Reaction score
i personally left mine on. i have a megan racing bar and the passenger side cleared but the driverside would not. i just grinded off a small part on the factory bar and not it fits llke a glove

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
look up on the cowl (the big piece of plastic that goes all the way across the top of the firewall) and there is a cover on both sides. Pop the covers off, and there are 2 nuts on each stock thinger...

bingo! Thanks for the help guys

meansixx

Reaction score
thats weird cause i have the megan strut bar also and didnt have to take that one off to put mine on. fit perfectly...will post a pic if u like.

dadams

Reaction score
ditto i also have a megan and its fits fine.. didnt have to take off the other 2 braces going to the firewall.

Back