US Formula One team is a GO!

d1blet

Reaction score
This is very exciting news. USF1, an (obviously) American-built, American-run team that's been targeting the pinnacle of 4 wheeled motorsport has been included in the official 2010 Formula One entry list.

With the team announcing that any "American" driver with the right credentials will get themselves a seat in their F1 car next year, I'm dying to hear who they would pick. It looks like the team will be running Cosworth engines. And of course, the customary Bridgestone slicks.

The team has quite a lot of work cut out from them. They aren't like Brawn GP that had plenty of R&D time with a $400 million dollar budget before Honda pulled out of F1. So I don't expect the team to be scoring points during 2010. Coupled with the fact that I personally don't see any true superstar open-wheeled driver of American nationality, I think USF1 is going to have quite a hard time getting on their feet.

But still, it's exciting. An all-American Formula One team. I don't believe there was a time in history when that has happened. I just only hope that now that they don't make us Americans look like we're write-offs in auto racing.

Thoughts? Comments?

Here's the info.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I hope we stick this through and don't quit just because it takes us a while to win, because we really need to prove to other nations that people in this country know how to race properly

Back