V6 Exhaust mod- possible?

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Just was thinking about this earlier,

Would it be possible to buy custom piping and then one muffler (centered inlet/outlet) and weld it into place behind the cat, then move the resonator behind the muffler and then having a custom Y pipe to straight pipes with muffler tips. I hope you guys got all that...

Headers--> Cat---> muffler---> resonator---> Y-pipe--> straight pipes w/tips.

I was thinking about it because it'd be really unique.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I don't think it would look good. I think it would resemble a muscle car exhaust or SUV/ truck exhaust.

truWarier02

Reaction score
Is this mainly for cosmetics? Cause I would think it's the same thing.. just that you're putting one muffler towards the front of the car instead of at the end of the pipes. Although it might be a little louder since you're only using 1 muffler (as a resonator) instead of 2 on a v6.

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
like said above with$$$ anything can be done

i have a v6 and all i did was remove the 2 rear mufflers since our cars have 3 and it sounds good
i am just waiting to get straight pipes off the stock y and some tips

just so you know with just the 2 main mufflers removed with stock piping it kinda resembles a g35s exhaust sound

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
why not put a single inlet, dual outlet muffler after the resonator, then run the straight piping out of that?

but personally, i think its just a waste of time and money for essentially nothing. youd also have to find the space to put all of that.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
why even bother with a muffler under the car?

go cat -> big *** resonator or 2...as big as you can fit.

it'll probably sound like ****, though, since most mufflers arent straight-through designs...thats what makes em quieter. that, and a longer exhaust path.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
like said above with$$$ anything can be done

i have a v6 and all i did was remove the 2 rear mufflers since our cars have 3 and it sounds good
i am just waiting to get straight pipes off the stock y and some tips

just so you know with just the 2 main mufflers removed with stock piping it kinda resembles a g35s exhaust sound

I kinda like this idea, but the rear would look so empty with just some rolled tips...

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Apex WSII > this possible custom exhaust setup.

My $0.02

Always better to have a bolt on usually... Stainless steel gives more of a smooth/deeper sound than that cheap *** steel they use at the muffler shops.

I love my Thermal R&D catback. Not too loud but not too quiet, but you know its there.

Last edited:
Back