V6 Exhaust mod- possible?

finch13

Reaction score
^ I'll tell you a secret, so shhh, almost all engines with 2 cylinder banks do not have "true dual" exhaust.

blkdout6

Reaction score
ok. so i have the v6 i took the screens out of my car and i have racing headers. What would my car sound like if i replaced either both exhausts with glass packs or just go to one glass pack. or possibly just removing the mufflers and go for straight piping after the y

4NDR3W_6THG3N

Reaction score
Awesome. V6 here as well. Trust me keep the stock piping with your muffler of choice. I learned that the hard way. It's dual exhaust due to a Y-Pipe it's not TRUE DUAL EXHAUST. It comes single from the headers and divided I'm pretty sure you know this. Since it was a V6 Honda said lets just make it different from the 4Cyl and do a dual exhaust like all v6 and above. If you wanna go a bit bigger on the piping 2" 3/4 is just fine. Ima try to get you a video clip of my single exhaust with custom piping so you can get a better idea of how it sounds and all.

Like I said if you're going to go N/A all the way, single exhaust mod is the way to go unless you're going for looks.

I'll would do that but; what exactly would the low-end gain be? Also, what about the mid-range and high-range? my mid-high range is explosive right now with the CAI and without mufflers and i dont want to lose that.

ok. so i have the v6 i took the screens out of my car and i have racing headers. What would my car sound like if i replaced either both exhausts with glass packs or just go to one glass pack. or possibly just removing the mufflers and go for straight piping after the y

mine has one glasspack replacing the resonator. i have no mufflers on it right now too. The drone at freeway speeds definately goes down over time, and it sounds pretty bad ***. Though if I were you, I'd have one glasspack and two mufflers. thats what I'm doing at least.

Last edited:

hcoupe02

Reaction score
To answer your question Andrew. You won't lose much mid-range or high-end. Trust me it's all about torque especially since we dont have any at all lol. Trust me its not as explosive as you think lol. Try putting on some CL-S Cams then you can say explosive for a bit lol. CAI and mufflers isn't such a great mod unless you do the whole 9 yards.

Anyway, if I were you I would do the single exhaust as the way it should be. Low-end you will gain torque. Like I said you will lose a bit of your mid range and high-end tq but that's why you have VTEC for. Trust me it still sounds nice on the road. I got the CAT and resonator, sounds real deep and no "rice" lol.

Accord_V6_400m

Reaction score
I might make a video of my J32 with the HS Super dragger axlebacks removed just for kicks, like in my noob days :D

On acurazine one guy just removed the driver side muffler and put (2) 12mm washers on the bolts to space out the muffler from the catback piping to make a gap so the gases can escape and give it a louder sound.

Back