v6 exhuast tone

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Has a nice sound in one respect, but in another that sounds like it could get raspy in the higher rev range.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Ehh. Coulda used one long resonator if you ask me. I have a feeling that sound would get really raspy really fast.

Brad2274

Reaction score
sounds nice, i like the tips, video was recent so i hope he replies.

We should turn this thread into a V6 exhaust sound clip thread :hide:
might be useful to compare all the setups.

phi1542

Reaction score
sounds nice, i like the tips, video was recent so i hope he replies.

We should turn this thread into a V6 exhaust sound clip thread :hide:
might be useful to compare all the setups.

Yeah haha that would be really helpful for others who are looking into an exhaust system

phi1542

Reaction score

shyste

Reaction score
is it true people say automatics with loud mufflers are ricey?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It may, louder = better

I'm going to try to hack one of these:
electric_dump_valve.jpg

So I have VTEC signal open it, 2.5" cat-back (I have some :dunno: ), open dump on the right side only in VTEC. Install the OEM left muffler.

That way I get quiet (mostly) and loud when I need it.

Thinkin headers, 'fake' cat, either 2.5" only or with a glass-pack, over-axle then split. Right straight to muffler, left, the valve, then dump.

Not sure yet if I should do timers or amperage to build the little control valve. Cause I want it to open on VTEC, close when no-VTEC.

phi1542

Reaction score
The canister style are more free flow while this is really chambered and compacted. Like people who run straight pipe on Magnaflow make it raspy af. I want to avoid that. I want that deep sporty growl like the 350Z or G35 and stuff but idk how to get it like that. I like that muffler and it wouldook nice in a single outlet on my V6 but idk piping and resonator to make it sound like that. I linked the muffler and the video they have on the s2k is nice. It has that nice growl I'm looking for but idk how to make the setup... 3 inch straight pipe since the skunk 2 sounds great! But idk how it is on a chambered compacted muffler... Or 2.25 or 2.5 inch with some resonator? Anyone experienced with mufflers and exhausts know?

Back