Varnell's '99 J37 Stroker 6MT Coupe EX-L

james'99

Reaction score
Re: Varnell's '99 J32 6MT Coupe EX-L

Yea...just...yea. I want to stay my luck has been bad, but I wasn't shot, so I have to say I'm pretty fortunate.

I guess that is true but man! That car is a champ though. Its been through a lot. Who pays to replace the windshield in a case like that?

Varnell

Reaction score

Well, I figured it was just a freak accident. So I went ahead and had a new back windshield put in after class for $273. I tried to file a report tonight, but since I don't live in Charlotte where it happened I have to wait until tomorrow so an officer can take the report in person. I don't expect to get any compensation, but I'd like to know it's being investigated further. I drive down the same stretch of highway eight times a week.

james'99

Reaction score

Well, I figured it was just a freak accident. So I went ahead and had a new back windshield put in after class for $273. I tried to file a report tonight, but since I don't live in Charlotte where it happened I have to wait until tomorrow so an officer can take the report in person. I don't expect to get any compensation, but I'd like to know it's being investigated further. I drive down the same stretch of highway eight times a week.

That's absolutely nuts.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

Good lord man, thats awful. Any reason why you think they chose your car? I know that when I take my daily out, everyone like seems to avoid it. But when the Accord comes out, everyone wants to park next to it and ride close to me. Maybe it's just me

Varnell

Reaction score

Just random, I hope. I can only assume a shooter was sitting off the highway. All things considered, replacing a back windshield isn't bad at all. Plus it's so much clearer than the 16 year old one that was on there.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

:wtf1: What is wrong with people, are we that bored with life? Glad nothing else happened and that you're okay. Can't believe that...

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score

Wow that's insane! Glad you are okay. Did you happen to search around for a bullet or damage to the interior. You know it went through the rear windshield but where did it end up?

Back