Vehicle service ramps

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
have you craigslisted it. I have a set of yellow metal ones that i got on craigslist, work fine. I did a quick search in columbus and found 2 in less then a minute. if you're thinking bout coming by columbus anytime soon i could get you a pair(usually 20-40). But I would trust jack stands. and like others i don't know if you would be able to go up a normal ramp

I did glance at CL, but didn’t get as many results as what Matt posted. A couple of those aren’t bad.

I think it’s either buy a set of ramps off CL and use wood in conjunction with them to get my car up, or spend the money for a set of the race versions. I’d rather not spend that much on something so simple, but I also would prefer not to have to mess around rigging crap every time I want to get the car up. I don’t mind using a jack and stands for most things, but for some things it seems like a ramp is better suited.

build your own. thats what i would do. Wood is Cheap, and will hold tons of weight. you can design it so accommodate your height, and to raise the front as high as you think is needed or practical.

This is the best idea I think. I would have to find out what kind of wood to use though, and which way the grain needs to go. I also probably don’t have the tools to make my own, so I’d have to invest in a saw or two.

v6indodarknight

Reaction score
I have a metal ones... strong a heck!!!

have no problem with it... i can take pix once i'm home...

but stock height 4x4 accord barely clear... LOL... and it barely clear my dad old 86 accord, and def not the teggy, but if its stock height unlike u red... it will clear nicely!!!

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Heres what ya need
62d36211-ddc4-8ddd.jpg

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score

cfox28

Reaction score
could you pour concrete molds? honestly idk about wood, at least if was frame construction. if you took 2x8 and laminated (stacked) them with the ends beveled to create the ramp that could work. glue and nail each lamination, and then tie the top and bottom together with bolts and nuts that are inset from the surface

cfox28

Reaction score
it does, but it would be the only way id feel comfortable fabricating them. vote is still for jack stands on a lowered car

schmiddr2

Reaction score
build your own. thats what i would do. Wood is Cheap, and will hold tons of weight. you can design it so accommodate your height, and to raise the front as high as you think is needed or practical.

I agree, and it would be helpful to have some dimensions to work with, so maybe just copy theirs?
RR-40-1.jpg

Back