Verbally assulted by a deaf person

Was her behavior acceptable?

• Her behavior is acceptable because she has a handicap

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
My alarm on the Galant went off last night around 10pm. It went off for about 1 minute. There is no sound, just flashing lights. I promptly went down and turned it off and to my knowledge it never went off again, I checked it throughout the night.

This morning I go to return a movie at the RedBox and she walks up to my window right after I started my car. She was SCREAMING at me, calling me stupid from what I could tell, and banging on my window with her keys. She would not leave the side of my car. I pulled away seeing that she had no intention of leaving.

Should this behavior be excusable because she's deaf? Should her handicap allow her to act in such a manner?

jbisselwhiteac6

Reaction score
Wow I hate to say this but this is actually kind of lol. I guess deaf people are extremly visual and it may affect them as if there was sound

finch13

Reaction score
I had Kanye West's "Flashing Lights" playing in my head as I read this.

No, **** that. It just goes to show how weak a person is by using their disability as a crutch. The car flashes, who cares, we all know parking lights aren't bright. If it were headlights flashing in her window, then I'd see a problem. But then again, do you know what she was yelling at you about? Why didn't you roll down the window and listen?

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
She was yelling plenty loud enough to hear. It was my headlights, but for only a minute or less. She alleged it was for over an hour, my battery cannot physically support flashing lights that long.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
she may be deaf, but im sure she can write. she couldve easily written you a love note :) instead of going helen keller on you.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol shes wrong. old people these days just dont give a crap and do as they please until they die

bigcoz

Reaction score
Unless she has a mental illness, its unacceptable in my eyes...my girlfriend's brother is a quadraplegic, and he doesn't ask for special treatment or throw tantrums, but maybe he's an exception you know? Also, not that i feel we as a society should let anyone with a disability/handicap/disease behave anyway they want to, i think its good to give them the benefit of the doubt,because life must be much harder to deal with living with chronic illness you know? But bottom line, you did the right thing by(being the bigger person)diffusing the situation and letting it go.

Last edited:

finch13

Reaction score
1 minuted of flashing lights isn't going to kill anybody. Tell her to sinch her vag tight and deal with it.

A-cord

Reaction score
Unless she has a mental illness, its unacceptable in my eyes...my girlfriend's brother is a quadraplegic, and he doesn't ask for special treatment or throw tantrums, but maybe he's an exception you know? Also, not that i feel we as a society should let anyone with a disability/handicap/disease behave anyway they want to, i think its good to give them the benefit of the doubt,because life must be much harder to deal with living with chronic illness you know? But bottom line, you did the right thing by just letting it go.

very well put. at the moment, the only clear way for her to express her frustration was to scream and yell. it must be very frustrating to have to live with a disability. though she should have handled it more maturely.

bigcoz

Reaction score
very well put. at the moment, the only clear way for her to express her frustration was to scream and yell. it must be very frustrating to have to live with a disability. though she should have handled it more maturely.

:wub: 6GA community ftw!

Back