VERY bright interior dome light DIY

gt58

Reaction score
I don't know about every area but I know in my town, the auto parts stores are starting to stock more and more LED's for different purposes. I got Super Bright White LED's for my map lights for about $5/bulb and all I did was remove the maplight assembly and replace the bulbs and Done. Just FYI. But dope never the less. I am a fan of bright too :thumbsup: I hate searching for something in a dark *** car...

its cool they they are stocking them up and for a decent price, but honestly i like the hunt of a good ebay deal lol. finding bulbs for cheap!!

bright is good :)

I guess this thread isn't all about the dome mod anymore :lawl:

Got my two 12" strips today. Footwell results to come shortly.

i have two coming as well. could you post up pics because im not too confident with my skills to find where to wire it under the center dash. youre tapping into the dome light wires right?

I never knew the glove box was a festoon bulb :sad:

i might put a board in there. i'll check it out :)

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
i have two coming as well. could you post up pics because im not too confident with my skills to find where to wire it under the center dash. youre tapping into the dome light wires right?

Well I'm just gonna go off of probably my radios ACC, because I'm running an on/off switch for them rather than doing a dim with the doors. However I might change my mind haha

mydailyruteen

Reaction score
i have led in my cluster and it came out ugly cause they are not 360 =/ plus all my other leds are so dim no one notices them i think i can see more with my dome light off because its red:ugh:

gt58

Reaction score
Well I'm just gonna go off of probably my radios ACC, because I'm running an on/off switch for them rather than doing a dim with the doors. However I might change my mind haha

radios acc, what that?

i was also maybe thinking about an on/off switch but i would really like the lights to come on with the door open

gt58

Reaction score
Yep. I think I already have the remote wire for my amp going off of it :lawl:

so i guess you could tap into the remote line and then find a ground and add a switch inline somewhere. i'd be really interested in seeing how you did it, and if you could, upload some good pics that showed your process to help me out a little lol

Bax

Reaction score
Do any of you have really bright door courtesy lights?
I put a 4 smd led in mine and i can't stand it. I like my bulb with one regular led, whatever they're called. Even with just 4 it was like glaring in the corner of my eye and was just uncomfortably bright.

Back