Vibrating sound! annoying!!

Macsrule15

Reaction score
i have this wierd vibrating sound in my car.. i was watching a movie in my car with my girl tonight and we kept hearing a verry faint vibrating sound

ive heard it before but didnt think much of it.. it sounds like its comming from the rear seat!

and no... no one has lost a cell phone! lol

Macsrule15

Reaction score
car parked and off key out of the ignition and locked... and it does it... it also does it when the car is on ACC and listening to music.. its not that loud but defiantly audible

Macsrule15

Reaction score
even when the car is off? and locked no one touching it? it shouldnt be priming when the key isnt in.. right?

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Could be.. Not the fuel pump itself working obviously, but could be air escaping the vacuum system. You do know that the gas tank is a sealed system right? Air can escape there with the car off and release the vacuum. Depending on how it does it it can release that air and make noise.. Kind of like a car-queef. :eek:

Macsrule15

Reaction score
haha yes i know the tank is a sealed system my dad is a mechanic and i used his snap-on solus scanner to check a code awhile back and it was a evap code and as soon as i saw that code i replaced the gas cap and it hasent come back again.. but its really hard to explain the sound lol maybe i will try and catch it on video one day

it is verry faint and doesent last on about 5-10 seconds and then stopps for about 10 mint hen happens again..

and it really sounds like a old cell phone vibrating under the seat.. but i know its not haha.. i need to walk around the car with a stethoscope

LunaccorD

Reaction score
i have the same sound here, sounds like someone is sitting in my seat and moving back and forth.

Back