Vinyl Wrap, how does it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I decided not to sell my car the buyer is pissed and still texting me but w.e. Why downgrade to a 4cyl just for the 5spd. But I think vinyl wrapping looks sick. And its easy to do. I'll definitely be looking into it more.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I call bull**** now!!

You wont do it lol

Haha have you seen my paint? I have an unpainted 02 bumper and rear id rather just vinyl wrap the car then pay the same amount on color matching bumpers.

handmedown

Reaction score
Long story short, my paint started bubbling, didn't want to spend $2000 on a good paint job, got some CF pattern vinyl for the roof and trunk for about $90 and this is how it came out, I am pleased.

There are more bubbles than I would have liked and I stretched it in some spots and the pattern is warped, but it's only noticeable up close and before my trunk was all dented and the clear coat was coming off and the roof was all scratched and also peeling, so this was my budget fix.

I plan on doing the hood next, and probably continue on the line from the hood-->trunk, that's where most of my clear coat failure is. Any suggestions?

6255640259_c2aaf6c0c6_z.jpg

6256208526_7d13c7cdf1_z.jpg

You can see the clear coat flaking off in this picture, along with some of the bubbles on towards the windshield. (this picture is before I put the trim back on)
6256208094_28d50f4f1c_z.jpg

Found on v6p

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
Long story short, my paint started bubbling, didn't want to spend $2000 on a good paint job, got some CF pattern vinyl for the roof and trunk for abou

Found on v6p

Looks like he didnt use a heatgun. But yea id be doing flat black.

KnightRyder

Reaction score
its not an easy DIY.

with flat vinyls you really need to understand that stretching flat vinyls too much will cause them to get glossy so you really need to minimize the stretching you do. and most standard vinyls are much thinner than 3m dinoc.. that stuff doesnt flex nearly as much as a standard vinyl will. also, if a rock hits your vinyl and scratches it, the scratch will be glossy and there is no fixing that. same with rock chip. once the rock or whatever has dug into your vinyl, its over, need to replace the entire piece to get it perfect again.

accord786

Reaction score
Dont do it bro i like your car being the color it is now !!! just get your car Pearl white or this Same factory color you got and it looks awsome:wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back