Viper 791XV remote not working...

pyaarawala

Reaction score
All these problems are really starting to annoy me now. Well, I think I caused this problem myself anyway. My remote is actually working but I'm not receiving a signal from my car. Like when I hit the lock key, unlock key, or any button on the remote, it doesn't get a response from the car. In the case of the Viper 791XV, it just beeps 3 times which means that there was no response from the car, as if the battery was disconnected on the car.

The battery and everything seems fine, but I just noticed this when I disconnected my battery and left it disconnected overnight, while I was waiting for my ballasts to dry out. Now when I put the bumper and closed the hood and all, this problem comes up. Any idea what's up before I have to drive a good 40 minutes to the place where I got it installed? The only thing I haven't tried yet is disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. Maybe a wire got loose or came off somewhere?

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
you may have to reconnect it with the wireless signal...it should tell you how to do that in the manual.

or the battery in the remote might be dead, have you tried replacing it? i know the viper system i had on my old accord, i would have to replace the remotes batteries not too often, but often enough, haha

CHID0

Reaction score
Did you ever drop the remote? This same thing happened to me about 6 times over the past 4 years. I went through remotes and it was because the remotes are really sensitive. There are two separate circuit boards in the remote and it's held together by a tiny 4 prong plug on a very small solder and if it's dropped enough it'll detach. I brought like 4 "broken" remotes to an installer and he soldered em all back and now i have reserves. That's all it might take.

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
The remote is a piece of **** I'm on my 2nd remote it's very fragile.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
Keep pressing the lock button until the brain and remote "sync" up.

I'm doing that right now and it's still not working.

Did you ever drop the remote? This same thing happened to me about 6 times over the past 4 years. I went through remotes and it was because the remotes are really sensitive. There are two separate circuit boards in the remote and it's held together by a tiny 4 prong plug on a very small solder and if it's dropped enough it'll detach. I brought like 4 "broken" remotes to an installer and he soldered em all back and now i have reserves. That's all it might take.

I have dropped it a few times here and there, but it was always working afterwards. I don't remember dropping it while working on my retro so I don't think dropping the remote is what caused the problem.

you may have to reconnect it with the wireless signal...it should tell you how to do that in the manual.

or the battery in the remote might be dead, have you tried replacing it? i know the viper system i had on my old accord, i would have to replace the remotes batteries not too often, but often enough, haha

I'm going to take a look at the manual today. And no the battery is fine. All the controls on the remote work fine, I'm just not receiving a signal from the car. And I even restarted the remote too and it still didn't work.

pyaarawala

Reaction score
w00t. I just reconnected the battery and constantly kept pressing the lock button and it's finally receiving a signal again. Thanks guys.

Back