Wa. State Wants to tax you based on engine displcmnt

The Wicked One

Reaction score
flame shield ready.

Sounds like a great idea to me
-It states that the money received will go back into the transportation department, which means better roads and more attention to the highways in general.
-It would discourage people from buying their big huge dodge rams and ford f350 just to be the biggest baddest car on the road, like all the guys do here in California.
-judging by the outrage seen in the posts above me, other people would also take notice of this new regulation and choose to buy that civic over the mustang, or charger, or even accord.

the world is being polluted more and more, and if this is what it takes to stop that then so be it.

Now as for requiring a truck for work, there should be a different set of regulations on that. Like ryan said, put work vehicles into a different class.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
thats another thing i love about europe...its all cars. even their vans are smaller (think mercedes sprinter/the dhl trucks).

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
maybe people will start using public transportation and buying more efficient vehicles, the fact that we are so behind on all this makes me sad. I wish to god the money would go back into resources such as planting trees and what not. our country needs this stuff, we're the largest consumer of petrol and no one stops to think about the damage thats being done to our one and only planet. The fact is that carbon emissions are higher now than they have ever been in the history of the world and humans are the ones to blame. IF things such as this don't pass and people dont stop what they're doing to the environment then there isnt going to be much of a world left for us to inhabite

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
It's headed in the right direction. I own a 6th gen Accord and a 4th gen Prelude but I still choose bus to school. Fees, insurance costs, etc make it hard to own a car in Cali and we're barely getting a break on insurance because of new laws. Gettin' tired of seeing 1 driver in SUV, trucks cruzin' and chugging gas @ 12-15 mpg!?

The Wicked One

Reaction score
we've got a few environmentalists here ^^ i am not alone :rock:
my other means of transportation is a bike, and my feet.

Back