Want some tints... Should i??

Gangstagrillz

Reaction score
Recently got my car broken into like back in December. Was looking to get tints for my Sedan. It's a silver car so I'm not sure if it'll look good if its all murdered like that. And also I'm looking into some window visors for my front windows. Would that go or na? Thank you

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Uhm.....

Duh you should tint. Check your local laws to see how dark you can go. Visors, once again up to you.

FYI, this is not thread worthy.

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
I have 35% in the front and 20% in the back on a silver sedan, check my members ride for pics. i like it! looks good, adds security and the car doesnt heat up that fast either. in florida its like 28.5 in the back and 15 in the front, i wish i had gotten 30 or maybe even 25 in the front but thats what they had so thats what i got.
def get it done by a professional. from my own experiences, get it done by the best place within a comfortable driving distance.
there are a few imperfections in mine that they will fix for free but i got it done across town so i never want to get it fixed.
get a warranty too!

Akingkhan

Reaction score
I have 5 in the back n 50 in the front I'm not silver but you'll get the idea
As for the visors get All of them it would look goofy as fu€k if u only had the front

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
My car is silver. I have pretty much 35% films pretty much all around. And they definately sharpened up the look of my car.

On a sidenote, if you're gonna have your rear window tinted, there are a lot of times that window films will not stick completely on the top portion of your rear window. It's b/c there are tiny dots ("dot matrix" above your defoster lines) that make them difficult for the films to be applied completely w/o having air in between them. Even highly skilled filming professionals have tough time working on those sections.

I have a black vinyl on that section, which the filming shop suggested me have it, and it worked really well. It also works as a rear window visor, too. (It is on the interior side of a window, just like window films. Not on outside tho.)

GL w/ your decisions.

uhhkilleez

Reaction score
The tint will make it harder to see inside and deter from smash and grabs. It can also help keep the glass together and make it tougher to get inside.

It will give almost any car a better look.

If you want the window visors, get the in-channel ones and not the stick on ones. They don't yank off as easily if somebody is trying to get in through the window.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ +1.

Window films also prevents from UV damage on your interior surface. ← Shops say this is the original purpose of having windows tinted (for autos & buildings in general.)

And, in-channel ones can be used off and on, since they won't be mounted permanenty.

Back