Waxing your Accord

Phut

Reaction score
using the clay bar will get rid of any contaminants on your paint surface that are not removed from just washing. i usually inspect my surface after i'm done rinsing my car after a wash. if i feel any kind of bumps, i go over with a clay bar.

Phut

Reaction score
i got all kinds of waxes and polishes. i got meguiars deep crystal system(paint cleaner, polish, carnuba wax), meguiars gold class, meguiars quick detailer, meguiars nxt quick detail, meguiars nxt window cleaner(i prefer the stoners invisible glass), klasse all in one(this is awesome but fricken expensive), black magic tire foam and shine, some sort of cutting polish that's not too harsh, and teh best investment anyone could have, a porter cable.

Browntown

Reaction score
jdm_dynasty said:
sorry to be a little off topic but does any claybar? i was stupid enough to claybar EVERYTIME i was my car. LOL! what a waste of time. all i need to do is wipe out the dust and that was it. it still sparkled. haha

lol.... I've done the claybar thing a couple times. I knew this guy who tried to use it without the liquid stuff and it f'd up his paint..... I even warned him beforehand..... guess he was being lazy.:confused:

dynasty

Reaction score
Browntown said:
lol.... I've done the claybar thing a couple times. I knew this guy who tried to use it without the liquid stuff and it f'd up his paint..... I even warned him beforehand..... guess he was being lazy.:confused:

you don't specificly need that liquid stuff. it just need to be moisturized. but sucks for that guy. LOL!

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I clay every six months, just to be safe. I have Gold Class Paste Wax, but I find it's too hard to remove for my taste. I want to try the liquid. Liquid Glass really isn't that good for the price, especially on darker colored cars.

What does everyone use for car wash??

Last edited:

ryon527

Reaction score
I use Klasse All-In-One and P21S s100 wax. In between waxes I use meguiars nxt spray wax. I wash the car with meguiars gold class wash shampoo and a sheepskin mitt. On the interior i like using meguiars quick interior detailer spray.

Anyone using a orbital? I've been looking at this
http://www.guidetodetailing.com/articles.php?articleId=47

Last edited:

talonted1990

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I clay every six months, just to be safe. I have Gold Class Paste Wax, but I find it's too hard to remove for my taste. I want to try the liquid. Liquid Glass really isn't that good for the price, especially on darker colored cars??

What does everyone use for car wash??

I use some car wash soap from the detail dept at work but it is made by a company called First Place Finish.

steadypimpin

Reaction score
I just use whatever, always a decent brand of soap but it doesnt really matter to me as long as it cleans it. I love the Zymol soap tho, it works good and smells good at the same time :)

Latest posts

Back