Weird electrical problem

Carlos28

Reaction score
Just started about 30 minutes ago out of nowhere. The auto door locks aren't working. Putting the key in the drivers side door won't lock or unlock all of the doors, only the drivers side. Also, hitting either of the 2 switches on the passengers or drivers side won't lock or unlock the car. Drivers side windows, both front and back work fine, but both of the windows on the passenger side are choppy when you try to put them up/down. By choppy i don't mean slow, but rather like they move and stop very rapidly in the direction they are going, very fidgety. Also, when I got into my car, the alarm went off randomly before I started it. All other systems are working normally as far as I can tell. Fuses are good. Stealership checked it out and said it may be a short in the door(?), anyone wanna help me out before my wallet gets drained?

Edit: also saw that the security alarm light on the door isn't flashing like it normally does.

BurtonRiderT6

Reaction score
I have a similar problem but only when it gets hot out. The driver and rear passenger door locks operate fine. Only when the car has been cooled by the A/C or the outside temps are low do they all work. I'm really baffled by this.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
check the wires going from the car out to each door. they get moved around alot from the doors being opened and closed so if there is a short or a broken wire that would be the first place I'd look.

Carlos28

Reaction score
Well I just disconnected the battery for a couple of hours and I drove around for a bit and it's been going strong for a month know.

Back