Weird issue with F&F Type 1's....

haoleflip

Reaction score
So I just installed my new F&F Type 1's on and I noticed something odd with the rear coilovers.

Before installing, I made sure both of the measurements were exact. After installing, the right rear tire is tucked way more than the left rear tire is.

coilover.jpg

They are the same measurement on both sides, but i had to adjust the right-side rear about an inch higher because it was tucked more than the left.

Right-Rear Fender to Rim measurement
rightrearx.jpg

Left-Rear Fender to Rim measurement
leftrear.jpg

The above pictures show each distance from rim to fender while both sides' coilovers are at the exact same measurements. Is this normal?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
If they are truly the same height setting, are you sure you have the left all the way into the thing with the pinch bolt? (can't think of its technical name) Sounds like a dumb question but you never know.

haoleflip

Reaction score
If they are truly the same height setting, are you sure you have the left all the way into the thing with the pinch bolt? (can't think of its technical name) Sounds like a dumb question but you never know.

Are you talking about where it is mounted on the top?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
No. The bottom, where the only pinch bolt is.

Really wish I could recall what it's called to make this more clear.

turbo_911

Reaction score
It won't be the same. I did the same thing as you did, by counting turns and setting both sides exactly to same position and one was higher than the other. That's how it is with suspention, and I had 3 different coilovers and they were all like that and on 2 different cars. Then I had to adjust by measuring from ground to that lip where you put your jack under the car. That would give you the most accurate measurement in my opinion.

Once car that I detailed last year, the guys did corner weight alignment to get perfect right height at the same corner, I think he was sitting in car too, but I am not sure about that.

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
It won't be the same. I did the same thing as you did, by counting turns and setting both sides exactly to same position and one was higher than the other. That's how it is with suspention, and I had 3 different coilovers and they were all like that and on 2 different cars. Then I had to adjust by measuring from ground to that lip where you put your jack under the car. That would give you the most accurate measurement in my opinion.

Once car that I detailed last year, the guys did corner weight alignment to get perfect right height at the same corner, I think he was sitting in car too, but I am not sure about that.

this.

also if theyre new they havent settled

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
I've always thought that settling is more of a myth than anything.

But if you set them at the same heights, how would they not turn out the same? That's what I don't understand haha

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
It could be alignment, end links, saggy spring, th cheap coils you bought... :lawl: Sway bar, there is lots to suspension.

Back