Weird problem with windows and condensation?! WTF HELP PLEASE!!

samsizzle

Reaction score
So I just got in my car not to long ago and its been really cold these past few nights and the cars have had condensation all over them, you know nothing unusual. So usually I would just get in and hit the windshield wipers to clear them so I could see.

Well I turned them on and it did not clear the front. It took me a second to realize the condensation was ON THE INSIDE of the windshield!! wtf?! I sat there perplexed for a bit and turned on my defrosters to full blast for over 5 minutes and the car fully warmed up and maybe 1/4 of the window was defrosted. I had to get paper towels and dry the inside before it could clear up. It would turn to little water drops after I ran the paper towel over the window, pretty much just like when you have condensation on a cup with ice.

This happened the back window aswell. I turned on the back defroster and it cleaned it fairly well, but I still had to wipe it because it was taking forever and the top was not clearing.

So I have come to the conclusions that air is getting in from the rubber on the top, but I am not sure what could be causing the front AND the back to do this. This only started happened recently, which is really confusing.

It sucks to have to clean the inside with a paper towel every night when i need to drive, it takes forever and always leaves water trails that are annoying.

If anyone has experienced this problem or can guess as to what is causing it, please help me out! Its annoying as Fck and makes me not want to drive.

PS. my car is parked outside since I can not park inside a garage.

thanks in advance. :eekwtf:

Last edited:

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has it ever happened before or is this recent? Did you leave a window slightly open?

samsizzle

Reaction score
Has it ever happened before or is this recent? Did you leave a window slightly open?

no this just happened recently. The windows have been closed. It is a possibility that it is coming from the air vents, but I found a slight drip of water from the top of the window, so that might be it. I'll investigate in more detail later by first covering the vents, and then just looking at the top to see if its the rubber.

If it is the rubber, what type of sealant should I use? I have no idea...

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Don't use silicone..thats ghetto as hell.

Replace the weatherstripping on the doors and around the windows if thats where its coming through. TASAuto should be able to help you there.

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i get that also but not as bad when it gets like that do you put the AC onand make sure its working also check to see if the clutch is kicking on, and try opening the window when driving it should go away but i get this sometimes when temp is changing ,seeng that i do live in mass next to the ocean so temp is all over the place here

541accord

Reaction score
Same thing is happening to me but near the third brake light and when it was below freezing the water on the inside froze so i had to scrape the windows on both sides. I think it's just one of those 6th gen accord things.

Back