Weird ringing noise from passenger side

truWarier02

Reaction score
Lately I've been hearing this weird ringing noise from the front passenger wheel well area, possibly door panel, from about 20mph+. Seems more prevalent at freeway speeds but I don't really know.

Hubs/bearings and brakes are all new. It doesn't matter if there's a left handed curve or right handed curve on the road, it still makes the noise no matter which direction I'm going so I highly doubt it's the bearing.

Best way I can describe the ringing noise is a dryer machine with hot air blowing out of a vent. Or maybe blowing air into a glass cup. It's not loud at all but enough to grab my attention over the radio. I can never seem to record the noise though. It could stop for a few seconds and return and stop again.

Any ideas?

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Have you tried checking the brake dust cover? Its behind the rotor, a metal looking piece. It might be having contact with the inside of the rotor.

I had this once and just used a long flathead and pushed it out for more room because for some reason mine bent in a little touching the rotor.

Back