Weirdest Problem Yet...I am serious PLEASE READ

SithLrdVad

Reaction score
Ok where do i start?
I own a Honda Accord 2002 EX V6 Coupe, 251,000 miles.
Well about 2 day ago I noticed that my break, battery and door, truck lights on my dashboard went off, meaning they were on.
I left it like that because I just change the brakes and check the fluid and battery a week ago, and the car still turn on and etc.
Anyways today in the morning i noticed that went i jump on the freeway and I reached 3,000 RPM the light went off and after a while they came back on, so I keep messing with the RPM to see it this was true, and yeah this keep happening.
When I came back from work my TCS and ABS also light on on my dashboard then in a red light when I start driving off my car started running like it was on neutal because it would accelerate but without actually going then I switched it top first gear in which it finally ran. After I parked to which my car turned off. They helped me jump start it (charging for 3 min) and all the lights on the dash were gone, to which I believed it would be fine. When I continued to drive on the street within 2 min. all the lights on my dash turned on and it died. After I just called a tow-truck to drive to the nearest mechanic but of course they were close so until tomorrow I will know what's wrong.

Can somebody please advice me as to what could possibly be wrong, I have gotten 2 different suggestions (alternator or computer), thank you.

SithLrdVad

Reaction score
I hoped is the alternator. If it is how much could it be for the whole job?
But then again it doesn't explain the lights going crazy on my dashboard and my car acting like it was running on neutral.
Well I wont know until tomorrow.
I just wanted to get an idea from you guys.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the dash lights will all come on if the alt's going bad. have you noticed any weird whining coming from the engine bay while youre driving?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
+1 for bad alt

a bad battery won't light up ur dash like a xmas tree :lawl:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
50-80 bucks for a new alt. a member here is selling one for around that price search him up lol

Back