Weldless Universal Mufflers?

JoeyG401

Reaction score
I've looked around the site for easy installation threads on mufflers, but there arent many that can help me. My question is can I buy a universal exhaust and attach it to my stock pipes without any welding? the muffler on my 4 cyl. is attached to the end of the exhaust pipes by an elbow piece and 2 bolts. how could I attach a universal fitting muffler to the stock pipes without welding, or would I just need to buy an adapter possibly, or just cut and weld?? thanks everyone, ignore my cluelessness in this thread as well haha:dunce:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
Weldless and universal should never be used when talking about exhaust. Haha. But you can get your own muffler and bring it to an exhaust shop and have en welded on. Should cost like 100 more or less.

nhldogg

Reaction score
Look online for an axel back as it would be cheaper than going to a shop. I believe Megan racing makes axle backs for the i4s.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
think he wants to cut it and use an exhaust clamp found on trucks or older exhaust..but im not sure how well thatl work.
look up summit racing exhaust stuff and see what they have to offer on there universal exhaust supplies.

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
for my piping, i'm using a VBand.... is that what he's talking about? Then again.. V Band for my 3" exhaust is like 60 each...

JoeyG401

Reaction score
Ive come to the conclusion that ill cut my oem pipe right at the muffler and just have my friend weld one on, seeing as the axlebacks ive found are no name brands and i dont trust them lol

Back