Well it finally happened......

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
Teh last time meh and my love toy make a the sexytime.... it was very niiiiiice..... :leeann:

Started my day off with leaving work at 7:45ish... went to a car was and got the exterior washed and dried... cuz i'm lazy...(kinda)....for $6.00 lol

Went and parked under a building (for the shade) and started to claybar... I have to give mad props to anyone that has ever used a clay bar on their car.... I had no idea it was so tedious... :eekwtf: followed up with some Meguiars cleaner wax.. since it came with the clay bar and I couldn't find any of my "useful" car cleaning crap

*** anyone with any kind of knowledge on paint please look at the pic of my hood (its fuking awesome) and tell me what the hell is going on and how can i fix it?!?!? *****

Teh Pixors!! (I had to use my ghetto Samsung 6mp since my XTi is in fuking Tennessee....with my other half.. )

STA61139.jpg

STA61136.jpg

STA61135.jpg

STA61134.jpg

STA61131.jpg

6. My freakin awesome hood... it started doing what you see here about a month ago.... it appears to be clear coat peeling off but me and paintwork are the best of pals so I have no idea what the hell i'm looking at.. :D
STA61137.jpg

Last edited:

henreeezy xp

Reaction score
the clearcoat is going ghey. im starting to have a shyt load of those spots on my car lol

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Thats what you call oxidation. You could just have the hood resprayed, shouldn't run you more than $300. The rest of you car looks to be in pretty good shape.

Is this a problem with DEP? I've noticed this problem a lot with this color. My car is a 98 and has no oxidation what-so-ever.

honda_dude

Reaction score
Thats what you call oxidation. You could just have the hood resprayed, shouldn't run you more than $300. The rest of you car looks to be in pretty good shape.

Is this a problem with DEP? I've noticed this problem a lot with this color. My car is a 98 and has no oxidation what-so-ever.

wouldnt u hav to go through the process of sanding it and everything??

my roof and hood is starting to die..:(

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
It happens to every car.. due to age. My car has some weird stuff going too.. but it's not oxidation, it's spots where rocks chipped paint off, and the sun baked halos around the bare area and the metal underneath is beginning to rust on the hood particularly... !! :bash:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
its not just DEP or the blacks that get this. ive seen it on every color on a 6th gen.

I see it on the dark maroon/purple all the time, like half the ones i see. I think those two are most common (well, black maybe aswell, i don't see as many black accords).

But yeah, no fix except paint.

Back