wET SANDING MY CAR TOMMORROW!!!!!

leviathann

Reaction score
i WI TRY To INCLUDE STEp BY STEP pics just in case some of you want to get rid of swirl marks and minor scratches. Planning for the nyc meet on the 22nd and want the accord to look incredible. It is a whole day thing but wait to see the results!!!!! so if interested I should be done by tommorrow afternoon and I will post the pics!!!

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
you dont need to wetsand the car to get rid of swirl marks and minor scratches? not unless there deep
just need some 3M perfect it-3000 rubbing compound with white pad to fix the scratches, then the swirl remover with gray pad and if you have a dark car then polish with blue pad..

bigtp3

Reaction score
i hope he uses plenty of water for WET sanding.
we want pics!! :darryl:

TheHunter

Reaction score
Yeah I want to see how that turned out... as the SoCal guys can attest... I have some DEEP swirl marks from the chick who had the car before me. We say she must have rubbed it down with steel wool.

MikeyMike

Reaction score
you dont need to wetsand the car to get rid of swirl marks and minor scratches? not unless there deep
just need some 3M perfect it-3000 rubbing compound with white pad to fix the scratches, then the swirl remover with gray pad and if you have a dark car then polish with blue pad..

ding ding ding we have a winner

ps: wet sanding/detailing a car 2 months before the snow hits... bad idea

Raymond

Reaction score
Yeah sounds like he was set up for fail on that one.

I was able to get 99% of my swirls out using Meguiars Scratch X and a cheap $25 random orbital buffer.

Back