What air freshener do you use?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
The only smell I like in my car is new car/leather, and so far I haven't found anything better than the Weathered Leather scent circle from Scentsy. They're not cheap but so worth it.

I only put them in my car in the winter, when the windows are usually up which lets the car hold the scent better/longer. That way I only use one a year. I'd like to have the smell in the summer too, but I feel like I'd be wasting it since the windows are always down.

Ive seen leather essential oil, never gave them a try. Ill order some to test out.

Last edited:

DBO867

Reaction score
The only smell I like in my car is new car/leather, and so far I haven't found anything better than the Weathered Leather scent circle from Scentsy. They're not cheap but so worth it.

I only put them in my car in the winter, when the windows are usually up which lets the car hold the scent better/longer. That way I only use one a year. I'd like to have the smell in the summer too, but I feel like I'd be wasting it since the windows are always down.

Yea, i feel like thats my problem also. I tend to always drive around with the window down, cold or hot. So the scent is always escaping. But im looking into purchasing the treefrog brand squash cans and throwing them under my seat. Read on a couple other forums, itll help last longer

Mikey

Reaction score

Yea, i feel like thats my problem also. I tend to always drive around with the window down, cold or hot. So the scent is always escaping.
I feel the same way but sometimes I think the breeze is nice. I'll roll my windows down on a nice day and it'll kick up the smell a bit. I wont smell it getting into the car but that breeze kicks it up and it's kinda nice. CB, I stole that smell from you btw, lol. I love it but my GF hates it, lol. Says it smells like burnt French fries...:thinking:

Ive seen leather essential oil, never gave them a try. Ill order some to test out.
I like the idea of oils but on a rag, under the seat, every week is a bit much for me. If I could find one that would maintain a smell for a matter of week, I'd go for it.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
I got the Leather scented oil. Smells more like the Meguiars leather cleaner rather than leather. Pretty close though. This stuff is way stronger than the essential oils that my wife mixed up for me. I put a drop onto the climbing draw I have hanging from my rear view and its pretty potent. I can even smell it with the windows down. Had it for about 3 days now with no sign of weakening. This is actually not an essential oil but a fragrance used when making your own candles. Probably explains the potency. Complements the forest/woods scent I have under the seat. I have a feeling with this potency it should last much longer than a week.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I use shampoo-scented one. Smells sexy in the car lol.

Back