What amp for stock speakers?

Silver99

Reaction score
The PRIME R600X5 is a 5-channel amplifier designed to run an entire car audio system! The R600X5 produces up to 75 Watts into each of its four channels with a dedicated subwoofer channel capable of producing 300 Watts into 2-Ohms.

Would this be a good to run the stock speakers for now until I can upgrade ? I think this is a good amp. I'm glad I sorted out all the wiring. Thank you!

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
The PRIME R600X5 is a 5-channel amplifier designed to run an entire car audio system! The R600X5 produces up to 75 Watts into each of its four channels with a dedicated subwoofer channel capable of producing 300 Watts into 2-Ohms.

Would this be a good to run the stock speakers for now until I can upgrade ? I think this is a good amp. I'm glad I sorted out all the wiring. Thank you!

TL;DR – That amp will work fine…

Yes, that will work just fine. For the most part 5 channel amps are designed to run full systems with channels for Front, Rear & Sub.

With RF you have three classes. PRIME, PUNCH & POWER. Basically you go from good ($), better($$), best($$$$!). There are currently two 5 channel amps, PRIME R600X5 and PUNCH P1000X5. I’ve used all classes in previous builds and they all outperform the specs.

The Stock speakers are 4ohm so they will work with this amp but tune it conservatively. How long will they last? Depends on how hard you push them and how well you can tune them.

In the future when you decide to upgrade, get the sub at the same time. Since it’s all running off one amp you want everything running the same ohm rating, speakers and sub all 2ohm load. I would pair your new 2 ohm front and rears with a dual 4ohm 10” Punch P2 wired in parallel @ 2 ohms for later down the road. I use them and recommend them. Same RMS rating as your amp too, 300watts at 2 ohm.

I’m excited for you. You can PM me if you need any more info.

EDIT: I think the stock speakers are rated at 15w rms, 30w peak.

Last edited:

Silver99

Reaction score
I’m excited for you. You can PM me if you need any more info.

I can't believe how insanely helpful this forum is! Thank you so much! I will be posting either a DIY on the iPad dash install or start a ride thread. Not many people have installed the iPads in dashes, so I want to help people out who want to do it. I can't thank you enough. I'm excited too :)

rooky

Reaction score
Don't add any, the stock speakers cant handle 50 watt of power for long before they start to distort and sound like rain drops on zinc(Jamaica Man) at low volume.

rooky

Reaction score
To give you inspiration on a budget: Amazon.com got the exact fit speaker for our car ranging from $15-100 that take the abuse better.

Back