What are my options for fixing a transmission.

ib042129

Reaction score
I am having issues with my manual transmission again.

Now, the cheapest solution I know is to get another one from the junkyard and swap it out over the weekend. I can find one for $400 easy, and if I am lucky I can get one for as low as $250.

The thing is, I did this once before and it lasted me 2 years before the sincro on the 5th gear broke, and then the reverse stopped fully engaging.

Now, $400 bucks and a weekend worth of work is not that big of a deal every 2 years, but I am getting more and more lazy.

At the same time, I don't really want to go inside the transmission myself to replace the internal part.

I want to know how other people dealt with their transmission issues and ballpark the cost.

Thanks.

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Мужык - просто найди нормальную трансмиссию и поменяй! Не ленись ;).

Это самый лучший вариант.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
find a normal transmission and change it. something along those lines. i took a few years...google translate

jdmcg3

Reaction score
you can either... build your f23 tranny that you have now.. but will cost a pretty penny or.. find yourself a h23 tranny. and i say h tranny because the shorter gears will make driving the f23 a little bit funner.

oh yeah... i got a h23 tranny up for sell

edit: and you live in durham.. thats my home town.. ill give you a deal just because of that..

Last edited:
Back