What car to get next? [Updated with pictures!]

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Re: What car to get next... sell the accord?

I’m gonna throw out another idea here…Jaguar XF-R.

2010-Jaguar-XFR-16.jpg

Although maybe you think it’s an “old guy car” too. haha But I'm 29 and would definitely drive one.

I've actually had my sights on one a few years ago. Its a excellent choice. If I were to go that route, it'll be between the Evo and the STi :eusa_doh:

I would be a bit hesitant to buy an Evo due to the fact Mitsu stopped making them, not to mention parts availability. An STi would be nice…but still for the budget you have I’d get something nicer. Just my opinion.

Indeed it is, but I view of it as an "old mans car" I'm weird. I'm really leaning towards the AMG atm. The BMW guys will hate me forever :jae:

The image you associate with a Porsche is interesting, haha. I always think of them as the lawyer’s car.

I would buy a Merc over current BMW’s personally. I haven’t been impressed with them lately. The AMG is a great choice.

Although I will say I love the new 6-Series, not sure how much the M6 goes for though.

By the way you've got an amazing ride.

Thank you, I appreciate that. The car has come a long way.

Last edited:

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score

where in NY are you from? I'm up-upstate about 3 hours from buffalo and 2.5 from rochester.

and the 911 makes me think of richard hammond :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score

My wife is a Merc fan, I have been showing her various C-Class' to give her an idea of what's out there....I think she would look great behind the wheel of an AMG C63.

The styling is awesome with most of the AMG offerings(CLS excluded, sorry).

If a Merc is in your budget, then I say go for it. That's an impressive budget, especially if there is room for it to grow.

Excuse_M3_DCT

Reaction score

I’m gonna throw out another idea here…Jaguar XF-R.

2010-Jaguar-XFR-16.jpg

Wow! the XF-R is nice but I'm not a jag guy :doh:

That is true but I was considering buying a used STi for the AWD capabilities for this winter and I've always wanted snow drift :naughty:

Yes, the Porsche gives off that sort of image. I like my cars to be subtle, not too flashy, which is why I dislike talking about my finances (which is why I didn't mention it in the original post), but in this situation it was inevitable. I'm not insinuating the GTR or any of the aforementioned vehicles aren't "flashy" but to many people a C63 is just a regular C class, an M3 is a 3 series, a GTR is a damn Nissan (not so much the GTR though) :naughty:. Trust me, many people at the office think their A4 is comparable to my "3 series". Example- "Hey Will, how does your 3 series handle? I've been thinking of making a change, but I love the Quattro too much." :slap::eekwtf:

I was thinking about the new M5, its truly amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_-70c9s3XW0

Thank you, I appreciate that. The car has come a long way.

No problem, respect is given where its due.

where in NY are you from? I'm up-upstate about 3 hours from buffalo and 2.5 from rochester.

and the 911 makes me think of richard hammond :lawl:

I'm from Long Island, Dix Hills. I frequent SUNY Buffalo though :)

My wife is a Merc fan, I have been showing her various C-Class' to give her an idea of what's out there....I think she would look great behind the wheel of an AMG C63.

The styling is awesome with most of the AMG offerings(CLS excluded, sorry).

If a Merc is in your budget, then I say go for it. That's an impressive budget, especially if there is room for it to grow.

Not to sound sexist, but any female behind a C63 AMG would look great. I'm sure you're significant other would look fantastic behind the wheel of a C63!

On the contrary, I actually applaud the new CLS design :peek: Very sleek lines, and looks great for a "4 door coupe".

I'll be test driving the C63 very soon, and I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on the AMG.

turbo_911

Reaction score

Why no love to Porsche? I really love those cars

i-1.JPG

Merc AMG is very nice too as I don't really like the new body lines of BMW's.

Also like everyone said, 2012 GT-R is very appealing.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score

Whenever I think coupes, my mind gets blocked out by the 335 :love: hence, why I'm getting one lol

If I try ever so hard to block that image, I would definitely say S5 in a heartbeat, like you said the interior is amazing, those headlights look great and the S-line wheels....oh boy!

Since you aren't an Audi fan, perhaps Nismo 370? Not a fan of Nissan, but true coupe, and since you are considering the GTR I figured you aren't objective to looking into Nissan. Also, it's still sporty, lots you can do to it, and gets better MPG obviously than the GTR. If this argument sounds ridiculous then I have one other choice.

Just because I'm in college and have no reason to be talking about cars this expensive quite yet, I saw an SL63 AMG a while back. I was standing on a street corner in NYC and watched one fly by me. Yeah....I hate Benz as I am a huge BMW fan, but there is a small spot in my heart for that car. It's just beautiful.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

his new one will be boosted again in time, he wants a 600 kit i think tho so he has to wait.. i want to get an AMG but my pocket cant afford it.. so i

That sounds very familiar... your friend from Long Island? Dix Hills to be specific. I think I know him.

I live in garden city. Not that far from dix hills. And a 370z with a Greddy twin turbo....you'll be lamborghini fast.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

crossfire

Reaction score

Since you are looking at the M5 I'm going to also suggest an IS-F as a possible option.

Back