What company do you use to ship??

xIrvin

Reaction score
Which company is the best to ship large items?? UPS? fedex?? USPS?
I have to ship a set of Shocks and i'm not sure what company to go with. Never shipped anything this big before :O.
suggestions?

Bax

Reaction score
I use USPS for small packages/envelopes and for large boxes I use UPS. Tracking info and insurance ftw.

turbo_911

Reaction score
I've used UPS and USPS to ship my coilovers and other larger items. Both of them came with ripped boxes but nothing was damaged.

When I shipped with FedEx, the box came in good condition unlike others. I've shipped a lot with FedEx and seems like every time I receive something, the box was in good condition.

My choice would be FedEx, then USPS and then UPS as the last one, since every time I receive a package, the box is ripped and couple times the item was damaged.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Find out what size box you would be using, weigh the suspension, get a quote on each site for the package, then pick the cheapest.

slowrider87

Reaction score
i use fedex because i had friends that used to work loading trucks for UPS and always told stories of how far they could throw boxes to the next person in the loading/unloading line. fragile stickers didn't matter at all because they were on time schedules.

sure fedex may do the same, but i have never had a screwed up box or damaged item come from them. except the time i wasn't home to take delivery and it started raining while it was on the porch. but the box was wet, the goods were undamaged. not fedexs fault.

xIrvin

Reaction score
Appreciate the input fellas. Anyone know where i can get a big enough box to fit shocks in?
Not sure of the measurements, no measuring tape :p. or a ruler haha.

edit: Nvm found a ruler. Its L:26in W:15in H:7in

Last edited:

turbo_911

Reaction score
Do you have any boxes laying around? Make one of your own. If not, then either FedEx or UPS they have boxes, but prepare to put lots of peanuts or bubble wrap to protect them from bouncing all around the box and damaging. The more you put, the better. Make sure you don't have any wobble.

Also you can check any furniture store near you, they have lots of boxes that they get rid of (I took some when I needed to ship something).

Bax

Reaction score
Good idea about the furniture place. lol

I usually just take boxes from my work when I need them.

Narftastic

Reaction score
if you like to track your order do not go to ups they suck...when i was geting my coils there wasnt any updates until it was on the truck in my state...so for that week while it was coming from cali i had no idea where they where and i called and asked whats going on and all the lady said was to wait until the scheduled delivery then call back if they dont show up, i was Sh1ting bricks because i thought they lost it or something....but the box was fine when it arrived

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
DHL is pretty good with larger items, in terms of price and care

for REALLY large stuff like rims and/or bodykits, use greyhound

Back