What did you do today Auto Detailing related?

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What did you do today Detailing related?

^
You have pictures of your hard work? :thumbsup:

Going to clean my friend's M3 black leather seats tomorrow. Gonna try to get a clean shot of the seats for my website I'm currently working on.

Last edited:

cmgreensr

Reaction score

If I could figure out how to upload from photobucket using my iphone, I would. But it's just a crappy after shot on a cell anyway

Testing a crappy cell phone pic

The turn signal area really is clear as well, I don't know why it didn't turn out in the pic though. Oh and I got these headlights for free! Score!

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

I didn't have time to edit any pics out of the 100 shots taken yet, so I'm just going to post 2 pics really quick. I will post more pics later.

Before: The leather was really shiny with dirt, sweat, and previous conditioner applied.

After: Back to a matte finish look. Clean leather is not suppose to be shiny.

Last edited:

cmgreensr

Reaction score

It looked like you could slide off it in the before shot, good job.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

A little background information on the seats I was working on. The seats are from a 02 M3 with black nappa leather which is coated. My friend is planning to drive it for a little while to enjoy it before he decides to sell or keep it. There were 2 boutique products for leather I wanted to test to see for myself if it's all hype or the real deal.

The product I am using is: Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil, and Leatherique Prestine Clean

http://www.detailedimage.com/Leatherique-M8/Rejuvenator-Oil-P65/8-oz-S3/

http://www.detailedimage.com/Leatherique-M8/Prestine-Clean-P64/8-oz-S3/

Once I found out the leather is coated by doing a water drop test, I continued with the process. The test consists of pouring a small amount of water on the leather and if it pools then it's coated. Before you start applying the oil, try your best to vacuum up any debris from the surface beforehand. For application of the oil I poured a small amount into a bowl and used a foam type brush to apply the product onto the leather.

Before and after shots:

Here I am applying the oil onto the seats.

Both seats are now coated and allow the seat to absorb the product for 8-24 hrs. I did not do the side bolster because friend opted not to.

Here I am using Leatherique Prestine Clean to spray directly onto the seat to remove the Rejuvenating oil.

Removal process was:

Spray Prestine Clean
Agitate with a soft bristle brush
Wipe with towel
Rinse brush to ensure no dirt goes back to the seat
Do the above 4 steps again
Use a damp rag to remove any remaining stickiness leftover

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

After shot of both seats:

I will post my thoughts on the whole process tomorrow. Thanks for viewing.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score

A friend stopped by yesterday with a little self caused accident on his car. He took a turn too close & fast near a pole and side swiped his door and quarter panel. I will be helping him improve as much as I can since he does not plan to repair it. I will just post 2 pictures of the damage for now.

f20bcg3

Reaction score

Hey lemon can you ask for the color code on that car, it looks really close to mine and i need to get a new paint job. thing is the shop that did it last didn't keep any records of paint code. Being that said if you could help me out that would be great thanks

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

HomerJay

Reaction score

Removed the OEM trunk spoiler and temporarily plugged the holes. Knowing that the real solution will require new tools (naturally, this is the best part!) the terrible paint condition underneath doesn't bother me too much. It's going to need to be welded and repainted anyway.

Since the clear is failing on my car, it's probably just as well. Repainting the trunk will solve a good part of the area affected with failing clear. It's definitely a different look but I like it so far. I have a carbon window spoiler and lip spoiler that will eventually be added.

Haven't decided if I'll remove the emblem or not during the welding work. I do have black a black "H" emblem that took way too long to make so I'm kinda partial to it.

cmgreensr

Reaction score

Removed the OEM trunk spoiler and temporarily plugged the holes. Knowing that the real solution will require new tools (naturally, this is the best part!) the terrible paint condition underneath doesn't bother me too much. It's going to need to be welded and repainted anyway.

Since the clear is failing on my car, it's probably just as well. Repainting the trunk will solve a good part of the area affected with failing clear. It's definitely a different look but I like it so far. I have a carbon window spoiler and lip spoiler that will eventually be added.

Haven't decided if I'll remove the emblem or not during the welding work. I do have black a black "H" emblem that took way too long to make so I'm kinda partial to it.

If I was having welding done there, I would have the emblem holes filled too

HomerJay

Reaction score

If I was having welding done there, I would have the emblem holes filled too
I'm leaning that way but I do so like my custom emblem. But I might be just as happy with only the front one I made.

Back