What do you think the best exhaust is?

mista jc

Reaction score
People swear I have a v6 with my HKS carbon TI + silencer. 2.5 inch piping to middle of car then OEM to cat. Nice en quiet but not raspy like a bumblebee on most i4s.. :)

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
^^^Get with it, we have no torque to lose.

Drive with your catback for a while...and then go back to bone stock...you'll see what tq you have to lose...and you'll realize you lost it. While it's true we don't have much tq...and losing some of it shouldn't matter...think about it the other way. We don't have much tq....therefore we can't really afford to lose anymore. That's why I said if you don't care about the loss in tq...then aftermarket would probably work since he sounds like he's going for the sound.

theaccordian

Reaction score
vietninja are you talking in reference to the AV6? or the 4 banger, or cars in general?

because I know the AV6 is notoriously known for feeling more sluggish with a catback, i dont think 4 bangers respond to catbacks trhe same as AV6's.

VietNinjaJ30A1

Reaction score
theaccordian said:
vietninja are you talking in reference to the AV6? or the 4 banger, or cars in general?

because I know the AV6 is notoriously known for feeling more sluggish with a catback, i dont think 4 bangers respond to catbacks trhe same as AV6's.

I'm talking about the V6. If he's not...then I retract all previous statements....d'oh.

gswarriorsluvr

Reaction score
5zigen exhaust with custom stainless steel 2.5" piping! Nice and deep, screams after 4k rpm! Got it ref'd (California emission laws) and they commented on it! Max legal decibel limit 95 db, mine was at 93 db!

jccg5

Reaction score
so if you go with APEXI WS2 u will loss torqe ?? alot or no cause that what im plannning to do!

nexTOme

Reaction score
im looking for new exhaust.....most likely just the muffler to weld it onto my custom piping.....

i had focuz muffler....at first it sounded nice, deep and very clear tone and everything...but over time, it is changing into some can sound....i hate it so much.....any suggestions?

inspired1

High Society
Reaction score
5zigen exhaust with custom stainless steel 2.5" piping! Nice and deep, screams after 4k rpm! Got it ref'd (California emission laws) and they commented on it! Max legal decibel limit 95 db, mine was at 93 db!

Hell yeah, 5zigen Fireball :D

My friend said he could feel the exhaust resonating in his lungs in my back seat. hahahaha.

Back