what does this do.......

g22aOnBoost343

Reaction score
OK ummmm so i was trying to change my oil filter and somehow mistakenly hit my knock sensor and it broke....i was wondering, other then throwing a code, will this effect the vehicles performance:147703263745b138a51

boorishid

Reaction score
so according to the first answer on that page how does advancing your timing help out when tuning? It says the knock sensor automatically advances the timing as fas as it can without pining..

Drift

Reaction score
The knock sensor is a microphone for the ecu. If it hears the engine knocking, the ecu will pull timing to stop that from happening. Eventually, the ecu will slowly add that timing back as you continue driving. The knock sensor has no other function, and can not advance timing.

To answer your question above, timing is where the power is. First you get the A/F where you want it using a wideband, then you start advancing the timing little by little. You stop when it either knocks, or stops making power. A knock sensor is helpful when tuning because you can see where the ecu thought there may be knock, and pulled timing. That will show up as a dip on the power graph.

That is a very shortened version of how the knock sensor helps when tuning.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
lol a little piece of crap sensor does that much? wow.....thats cool.

g22aOnBoost343

Reaction score
:peek: so gay...and its so damn fragile even touching it gently would break it...ok soooooo since i'm just a student on a limited budget due to unemployment checks.....can i just go to a junkyard, and snatch a knock sensor from an accord and replace it? obviously i'm guessing depending on if its in good condition would affect the performance but would that solve my problem?

Back