what needs to be done when you hit 200k km

Nick1130

Reaction score
i just hit 200xxx km this morning, and i called a shop to ask for maintenance like what needs to be done when i hit that mark and they were saying alot of stuff , and im jsut not sure if its necessary, what's on my mind is just getting my timing belt and water pump changed? is that fine?

nathan007

Reaction score
here's what i did on mine;

Suspension/Direction; 220 000km; Summer 2007
*Complete replacement of suspension (H&R Sport springs, Koni Yellow struts);
*All internal bushings (susp.assy) replaced by Honda oem (add listing)
*Outer tierod ends replaced -both sides- (Moog)
*Lower balljoint replaced -both sides- (Moog)
*Front wheel bearing replaced -both sides- (Carquest)
*Front upper table+balljoint replaced -both sides- (Honda)

Engine/Cooling system; 220 000km; Summer 2007
*Timing belt/Balancer shaft belt/Bal. shaft front seal+retainer kit/Crankshaft front seal replaced (Honda)
*Water pump/Thermostat/Water pipe/Upper+Lower hose/all seals replaced (Honda)
*Front water outlet (where upper hose connects) replaced by new aluminium one because of leaking (Honda)
*Cooland flush (Honda)
*Crankshaft pulley (original) replaced by Unorthodox smaller pulley
*Accessory belts replaced by part # ????????????????????
*Crkshft. pulley bolt replaced (Honda)
*Throttle body removed and cleaned because of sticking. **Cleaned with CARBU.Cleaner, lubed with JigAloo –Problem solved--**

Yes, i'm a bit of a freak, i know.. I replace parts even when they are still working within specs. You dont have to go this crazy, if you dont do your own mechanic work, have the car inspected, fix what needs to be done. If you do the timing belt (wich is about every 100k km in our beautyful Canadian weather, replace the balancer belt, every seals on the front of the engine (camshaft, balancer (make sure you get the retainer installed if it's not on it yet), the water pump (have the coolant flushed at the same time). Those are time-consuming in labour charges, pay a little more to get everything done, rather than paying 30k km later to remove everything because a 10$ seal wasnt replaced.

Last edited:

Balwin

Reaction score
Timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and just a leaky seal or two that you might come across. The oil pump should be fine.

Back