What shift knob do you have in your accord?

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
How hard was the install on the gated shifter?

it wasnt all that bad. i found two threads and i used those to help me, cant remember what site they were on though. the hardest part for me was getting the shifter cable out of the stock assembly and on the new one. its a tight fit and in a hard to reach location, under the radio in the little cubby bin area, but i was able to use one of those jar opener grip pads and some vice grips and that helped a lot. you do have to cut a plastic piece off the assembly but that was no big deal either. they used a dremel in the threads i read but i dont have one so i was able to use wire cutters and cut it in little pieces until i got it off. that was pretty easy once i figured that out. if you decide to do it and need help, let me know.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
From 1-10 what is the difficulty level of doing a short shifter swap?

1 being easy..

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
From 1-10 what is the difficulty level of doing a short shifter swap?

1 being easy..

First time I say a 4. The hardest part for me was getting the shifter cables off the assembly. I've put 2 Jtc as in. One in my accord and one in a rsx.

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Im going to look into getting one for the cd5 and just want a hint of what I'm up against.

ejreams

Reaction score
I have the auto but did the gated TL/CL swap with a shift boot.
DSC_0856.jpg

DSC_0857.jpg

DSC_0869-1.jpg

I just swapped mine out for a wood grain one a few days ago, for looks, but I might go back. I actually really like the feel of that knob.

Back