What to look for in a 2002 Accord?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
98-00 coupe = same exterior

01-02 coupe = same exterior

Exterior differences between 98-00 and 01-02 coupes = front and rear bumper covers, rocker panels, rims. Headlights and taillights are the same.

Same goes for Sedans, essentially.

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
I have 256,xxxkms on my V6 (160,000miles) and it is the original transmission. The car has been in my family since new. We have maintained it well since day 1, and it shifts smooth and engages smooth. The only time it is weird is when it is really cold. So hopefully that gives you some kind of piece of mind.

I do not have a transmission cooler but I should get one since I do a lot of city driving with it.

I dont know about your area, but $4,000 seems kind of high. They are going for around $3,000 in my area in good condition with that amount of miles. But I would look for a 5spd if I were you and save the hassle and worry. Although mine shifts completely fine, I still worry about it every day, and am always debating selling it now while I can and it is still shifting fine.

JTM

Reaction score
I have 256,xxxkms on my V6 (160,000miles) and it is the original transmission. The car has been in my family since new. We have maintained it well since day 1, and it shifts smooth and engages smooth. The only time it is weird is when it is really cold. So hopefully that gives you some kind of piece of mind.

I do not have a transmission cooler but I should get one since I do a lot of city driving with it.

I dont know about your area, but $4,000 seems kind of high. They are going for around $3,000 in my area in good condition with that amount of miles. But I would look for a 5spd if I were you and save the hassle and worry. Although mine shifts completely fine, I still worry about it every day, and am always debating selling it now while I can and it is still shifting fine.

Thanks for the insight!

JTM

Reaction score
98-00 coupe = same exterior

01-02 coupe = same exterior

Exterior differences between 98-00 and 01-02 coupes = front and rear bumper covers, rocker panels, rims. Headlights and taillights are the same.

Same goes for Sedans, essentially.

I'm talking more along the lines of what is in these pictures.

02802041990001-480.jpg

And then here.

honda-749593.jpg

I really like the second one, it looks a lot more sporty. Since the car I am going to look at is a SE Coupe, I should expect it to have the second image body style right?

JTM

Reaction score
Sweet! That's what I was hoping. I figured that was the coupe body style.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I'm talking more along the lines of what is in these pictures.

And then here.

I really like the second one, it looks a lot more sporty. Since the car I am going to look at is a SE Coupe, I should expect it to have the second image body style right?

Okay I can see that what I hesitated to say, needed to be said. lol

There is a 2 door and 4 door version of this car. One looks one way, the other looks another way. If the car you are looking at is a coupe, then that is what you will have.

JTM

Reaction score
Okay I can see that what I hesitated to say, needed to be said. lol

There is a 2 door and 4 door version of this car. One looks one way, the other looks another way. If the car you are looking at is a coupe, then that is what you will have.

Thanks! Appreciate the clarification. I was researching the car regarding interior and exterior and became a little confused. I figured maybe the V6 got the other body style, but I'm glad to have found out that this isn't the case :)

Back