What'd you do to your accord today?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Hog rings would be easier, and there is a difference between upholstery hog rings & pliers & real hog rings & pliers.

Odd thing about that is, we used to keep hogs & I've never used a hog ring on a hog, we had a 'gun' kinda like a price tag thing that used plastic tags. I've put hundreds 'hog rings' in car seats though.

Yes I know.

Like I've said. This was in no way a conventional use of upholstery hog rings. That's why zip ties woulda worked just as well.

Put my newest sticker on.

F533D1DD-4C34-4404-81D3-2F4811B04BE3-2862-0000033070357D18.jpg

(It's not crooked, it follows the driver side wiper blade.)

Last edited:

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Like I've said. This was in no way a conventional use of upholstery hog rings. That's why zip ties woulda worked just as well.

:dunno: I've done lots of seats and they all used them the same way. Seems pretty conventional as far as upholstery goes.

Except VW. They don't use hog rings anymore. It's more like a ziplock bag crossed with an electrical connector. One side is sewn to the seat, one side glued to the foam. Getting those ****ers apart without pulling the one side free from the foam is a PITA. They go together really ****ing quick though.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
:dunno: I've done lots of seats and they all used them the same way. Seems pretty conventional as far as upholstery goes.

Except VW. They don't use hog rings anymore. It's more like a ziplock bag crossed with an electrical connector. One side is sewn to the seat, one side glued to the foam. Getting those ****ers apart without pulling the one side free from the foam is a PITA. They go together really ****ing quick though.

Damn it I wish I had a picture to show you....

They, the directions, had me basically hog tie a rod to another rod to pull the left bolster tight. Our seats use preinstalled springs and hooks in place of hog rings to pull the center portion taught.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Damn it I wish I had a picture to show you....

They, the directions, had me basically hog tie a rod to another rod to pull the left bolster tight. Our seats use preinstalled springs and hooks in place of hog rings to pull the center portion taught.

Hmm, yeah, a pic might help. A lost of them use springs and rods and all kinds of weird ****. Pretty much weird is the new conventional.

I've done seat covers in Accords, Odysseys, Pilots, Altima's, Maximas, and Civics. They were all weird in they're own way. Except, of course, **** VW.

doughboy

Reaction score
changed my oil today with mobil 1 synthetic and a mobil one oil filter. At first I was not sure it was going to happen. I could not get the oil filter loose then I could not get the oil drain plug loose then I spilled a whole quart of oil. I am sure glad that done.
:shakehead: :mad3:

LowerMyCG5

Reaction score
Got the BCs on.. they came maxed out so that's how they went on lol

Putting new ucas on tomorrow, and letting everything settle while I'm in vacation

Rush12049

Reaction score
Installed my newly acquired Neuspeed strut bar. Defiantly feels more rigid up front with that and the TL strut bar.

FOT4E24.jpg

Back