What'd you do to your accord today?

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Sorry to hear, maybe this will be one of those instances where light damage where you're not at fault is a blessing in disguise.

I'm hoping, I just don't remember how long the process takes. The last time I was hit was in 96! His insurance called me the day after and said they were still trying to get ahold of him. They did say I would have a rental for 9 days so I assume there won't be any fight with them covering my damages but I just don't remember how long everything takes. Like I said, I can usually avoid this crap. I drive aggressive but very defensive, this guy just didn't give me a chance!

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
^That'll be awesome.

Your car is so clean as is, hope you have a serious professional doing these for you. Flares are difficult to do correctly and easy to ruin. But if it comes down to this or running more camber to fit wider wheels I'd choose this. :lawl:

Thanks for the kind words. I completely agree there's massive potential for this to go wrong, which is why I've been researching this for the past couple of months. It boils down to this, as much as I enjoy the j32a2/6mt swap, it made me realize I want much more power :D

The problem is that you need some serious rubber-asphalt surface area contact (i.e. wide wheels AND wide tires) to translate all this extra whp into forward vehicle acceleration. I talked to a few custom body shops about pulling the fenders and blending it into the bumpers. The unanimous answer was to bolt on a product, use it as a template, and then fill, sand, smooth to perfect fit.

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words. I completely agree there's massive potential for this to go wrong, which is why I've been researching this for the past couple of months. It boils down to this, as much as I enjoy the j32a2/6mt swap, it made me realize I want much more power :D

The problem is that you need some serious rubber-asphalt surface area contact (i.e. wide wheels AND wide tires) to translate all this extra whp into forward vehicle acceleration. I talked to a few custom body shops about pulling the fenders and blending it into the bumpers. The unanimous answer was to bolt on a product, use it as a template, and then fill, sand, smooth to perfect fit.

I'm not sure how much power the j32 is putting to the wheels or how much you are trying to get there but are you having any torque steer issues?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure how much power the j32 is putting to the wheels or how much you are trying to get there but are you having any torque steer issues?

Currently, torque steer hasn't really bEen an issue. With more power, I'm sure it'll become more pronounced with our FWD transverse mounted engines .

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Picked these up for future install, molding, and repaint ...

%2524_12.JPG

%2524_12+%25286%2529.JPG

%2524_12+%25284%2529.JPG

%2524_12+%25283%2529.JPG

%2524_12+%25282%2529.JPG

More details to follow, including new wider, yet lighter, shoes :licklips:

Can't wait to see this finished. I know they'll be done right, and not just thrown on and not molded. I have a wide body planned for later on, but no flares :hide:

cmgreensr

Reaction score
Currently, torque steer hasn't really bEen an issue. With more power, I'm sure it'll become more pronounced with our FWD transverse mounted engines .

Good to know although I am sure it will creep in at some point. The flares I'm sure will be well done judging by your previous work. Keep it up man! Inspiration

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to see this finished. I know they'll be done right, and not just thrown on and not molded. I have a wide body planned for later on, but no flares :hide:

Good to know although I am sure it will creep in at some point. The flares I'm sure will be well done judging by your previous work. Keep it up man! Inspiration

Thanks guys for the vote of confidence. I'm sure that the finished product will not be to everyone's liking, but it in conjunction with wider wheels/tires, it will undoubtedly improve the handling and power delivery ... and that is it's intended purpose. Any aesthetic benefits that result from this are always welcome extra pleasantries :party52:

Anyways, I don't intend to threadjack, so I'll update my members' ride thread with a to-scale render to show how these fit on our cars.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Bought amber 3157 LED’s from SBL, now just need to find some translucent vinyl or tint. Going to try out 3M’s Paint Defender spray for the front lip, it's been sitting too long. If I’m not happy with it, I’ll go back to the clearbra.

Last free yearly alignment, TD offered $20 off to renew it. A place closer to me has an in ground rack though…

temporary_zps189f7915.jpg

Last edited:

f20bcg3

Reaction score
Finally install white overlays thanks to (sonni_kuba)
u5a9uman.jpg
anemaha6.jpg

F20Bs don't take prisoners they chop faces off!!

Back