What'd you do to your accord today?

DizzyP

Reaction score
Took a quick peek around the garage and going my rim cleaning tool. Looks like an oversized electric toothbrush. It handles around lug nuts like the business of nobody. I wasn't happy with my previous cleaning so it's about to go down!

Brad2274

Reaction score
Paint looks awesome in the sun.

How did the paint defender turn out? What was your method?

I still have my can but haven’t used it yet. Was going to test on one of stock rocker panels.
It came out nice but i wish i tested it on something else first as the can sprayed a few chunks in the beginning. it's very smooth in the very front as i made sure that had plenty of coats, but a little orange peely near the bottom of headlights because i didnt put enough on. I learned its better to put extra than less, but there is a chance of runs then.(not in my case because bumper was removed)
-Clean the bumper really good
-apply/remove 3m wax(very nice wax actually)
-soaked the can in warm water
-tape off what you want
-spray 3 coats one after the other working in 3 foot increments
-10 minutes to touch up spots
-let it dry for 4 hours before judging it :lawl:

Be very careful with it for the 4 days of curing, i rubbed a little off the lip drying to remove a bug at auto combine.(that was like 14 hours after spraying it) then washing it the day after i dragged the hose over the lip(my bumper is a trip hazard now lol) and peeled up a few spots, probably gonna re do the lip.

If you do the bumper i suggest touching it and using the car as little as possible for 4 days, leaving it in the sun to cure, then wax it.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Awesome, great info. I'm only doing the front lip, so I'll just leave it sit for a week on our screened-in porch (it's been off for months, what's a few more days? :lawl:). Have you tried peeling any of it up? I wonder how easily it comes off. I know it helps to wax, I waxed with some Meguiars a week or two ago.

How long did you let the can sit in warm water? And you just spray the 3 coats one after another, with no wait time?

Thanks for the tips man, repped.

brad2274 said:
let it dry for 4 hours before judging it

ruh roh...was there a freakout moment? haha

Last edited:

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally after 2-3 years of buying the Mini H1's, I am going to get it done. Atm I am playing around with a blackhousing design that's not too common. Let me know what you guys think.

I'm not sure if I am going to place the clear reflector on the corner or not. I need to take it off my other car to do some mock ups. I was trying to make the corner stand out more. I outlined the corner with a black trim to bring some contrast to the area instead of kinda plain look.

Last edited:

truWarier02

Reaction score
Got pulled over just a block away from home! Nosey cops... but they were nice for a change.

Anyway... several weeks back I had Llumar Air 80 Blue done on my windshield, which rejects 43% of heat and is virtually a clear film. It has made for some cozy drives so far in the Cali summer. Now the A/C's first setting is enough to keep me comfy most of the time, whereas before the Air 80, I had to have it on the 2nd setting and still felt somewhat irritated with the heat. Also had the sunroof tinted with Suntek CXP 20%.

I'm not sure if I am going to place the clear reflector on the corner or not. I need to take it off my other car to do some mock ups. I was trying to make the corner stand out more. I outlined the corner with a black trim to bring some contrast to the area instead of kinda plain look.

Looks good man. I would leave the clear corner eflector in there.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Got pulled over just a block away from home! Nosey cops... but they were nice for a change.

Anyway... several weeks back I had Llumar Air 80 Blue done on my windshield, which rejects 43% of heat and is virtually a clear film. It has made for some cozy drives so far in the Cali summer. Now the A/C's first setting is enough to keep me comfy most of the time, whereas before the Air 80, I had to have it on the 2nd setting and still felt somewhat irritated with the heat. Also had the sunroof tinted with Suntek CXP 20%.

Looks good man. I would leave the clear corner eflector in there.
^ +1. Really digging the blacked out portions.

Suntek ftw!. I have it also, and loving it! (Heard that a lot of shops prefer using Suntek, rather than 3M's, in terms of its film quality.)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Discovered an oil leak, that seems to be occuring on the driver's side of the engine.

Doesn't SEEM to be coming from the oil pan, but not sure just yet where the source is.

Have to get it checked on Saturday to find out what's going on.

Will post a pic of it, to see if anyone has had a similar experience with their v6.

The spots on the ground are very similar in position to a 5 of Spades playing card. Just a little closer together.
5-of-spades.jpg

DizzyP

Reaction score
Are you sure it's just not a 5 of Spades card under your car? Send a pic so we can checking it out. I got a leak but not enough for drips. Dealership wanted like $250 to fix/replace the oil filter holder. No thanks. Looks like I will keep a quart of oil in the trunk in case my oil light comes on again. First time it ever came on.

ryannel2003

Reaction score
Discovered an oil leak, that seems to be occuring on the driver's side of the engine.

Doesn't SEEM to be coming from the oil pan, but not sure just yet where the source is.

Have to get it checked on Saturday to find out what's going on.

Will post a pic of it, to see if anyone has had a similar experience with their v6.

The spots on the ground are very similar in position to a 5 of Spades playing card. Just a little closer together.

Rear main seal. In my case, I had 3 decent sized spots in a perfect line on the drivers side of the engine. Just had it fixed to the tune of $700 and that was with my discount working at Honda.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Replaced dizzy o-ring (hopefully that stops the damn leakage of oil)
Tinted front windshield 63%, wish I would of gone with the 43% to have some darkness to it

Now check engine light come on while car is moving and seems to bog down and turns off after a few miles

Back