What'd you do to your accord today?

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a nice setup.

I have to check with my BIL to get my lip kit taken care of for spring and a few others things painted as well.

19.....awesome, that will make for a great photoshoot.

Not all attendees are in 6th Gen's, are they?

I think the majority are 6th genners ... You have to tell me about where you're getting your body work done, they may be cheaper than my place.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Local auto parts shop gave me wrong caliper pin boots for rear so they ordered them yesterday and I got em in today so they got install. They are nice and lub'd and no rolling squeaks while braking. Shouldn't need to work on brakes for awhile.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Wired up two of my three 12 volt accessory ports or cigarette lighter ports, what ever you wanna call em, to be always be hot so I can charge by phone battery cases while I am in a store. Prob will start using it for other stuff and at that point I will prob hook up a low car battery cut off so I don't get stranded. But for now it's direct connect, already fused up.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Wired up two of my three 12 volt accessory ports or cigarette lighter ports, what ever you wanna call em, to be always be hot so I can charge by phone battery cases while I am in a store. Prob will start using it for other stuff and at that point I will prob hook up a low car battery cut off so I don't get stranded. But for now it's direct connect, already fused up.

I just picked up a cigarette lighter port and harness from the JY. I am going to wire it up inside the center console so I can keep whatever I have plugged in hidden. I was going to wire it up to the existing harness in the pocket but I might hot wire it like you did. Maybe with a small toggle switch to kill it if I need to. Not sure yet, I do know I want it to look stock. I grabbed the the little cover with it too, so it will match the pocket one. Maybe I'll do a write up when I get around to it.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Life is easier with a multimeter. Not for nothing, just sayin'.

Get you one of these too.

6066b4a88b7a90463d0762d9f9760a8a.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11390149

Handle yo bidness proppa!

BTW-I am chillin at the mall while my back up battery case is charging in the 6th Gen. My plan is working perfectly.

eb4bc088639d6d43b9aee6bfc0c06d37.jpg

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Life is easier with a multimeter. Not for nothing, just sayin'.

Get you one of these too.

6066b4a88b7a90463d0762d9f9760a8a.jpg

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=11390149

Handle yo bidness proppa!

BTW-I am chillin at the mall while my back up battery case is charging in the 6th Gen. My plan is working perfectly.

eb4bc088639d6d43b9aee6bfc0c06d37.jpg

I've got tons of electrical test equipment, DMM, O-scope, powerprobe etc. I like wiring and yes I plan to do it all properly.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I think the majority are 6th genners ... You have to tell me about where you're getting your body work done, they may be cheaper than my place.

There are a couple of places that I was going to be looking in to.

One is Dealer Select in Ajax. The gave me a great price when I had spoken to them awhile back. Hoping the offer is still on the table(it also came with a life time warranty).

There is a place in Markham as well, I will have to try and get the name of and let you know as well.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I did this yesterday.

The clear plastic on the clock display was a bit "fogged up" in spots due to cleaner being left on it too long and it being eaten away.

b3099bb8961263553ad0fcd115ca3427.jpg

I removed the clear plastic and reinstalled clock in car just to see what would happen.

Autobot Mode
0ced648ef7a44ee2a181958dcfa02ae1.jpg

Honda only sells the entire assembly for $60. So I headed out to Home Depot and got a sheet of non-glare clear vinyl for like $3. Used the original as a template and it wasn't a perfect fit but it is a smash fit so it doesn't giggle or anything. I think I am getting better low end torque with the plastic swap. LOL

Used utility knife and my my new butane soldering iron/mini blow torch (which is a nice tool) to make the cuts.

Finished project
afeea8a2d1082276797eebb079ca9560.jpg

Considering doing the climate control display too since it has the same issue.
0c6dc01771149371c9ccdf9f4be6e12e.jpg

Back