RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Washed the salt off it.

temporary-1.jpg

temporary-2.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Hmm interesting .. i think i want to do this now too since i have some light brown felt adhesive sheets lying around somewhere that'll sorta match with my tan interior .. i just have to be bothered to take apart my door/panel trim lol. Easy to do? I'm assuming its the same as when you would replace the front door speakers?
@Sil, I like that, what type of adhesive did you use? These are the little things I am going to have to get to once the major projects are done.
It's pretty easy. Maybe about 10 min per door. And yes, it's just like how you replace your speakers. The pics only show my partial work, but I also worked on the bottom portions of my door trim panels.←(Not on the metal door side like I showed you on the 1st pic.) And also on the metal door frame, where the circle rubber (2nd pic) meets the door frame. The back of our door trim panels are partially covered with some sort of felt materials, but they are mostly bare plastic.

Basically, you need to apply your felt on anywhere that the bare plastic surface is touching your metal door panel. One easy trick is to outline your desired area on your metal panel with a pencil before removing your door trim panels so that way you'll know where to apply your felt on the metal panel.

I used to work with Velcro's female side, but those can be too thick for certain areas & they're hard to cut them out. Plus, I always end up not using the male side, so that's why I decided to rework w/ felt material. You can get these online, but I got mine at Michael's.←(Not sure if they are worldwide so let's just call it "arts & crafts store".) I would recommend you get sheet-sized ones ←(one side: felt & other side: adhesive w/ peel-off's), instead of getting strip tapes. That way you can cut into any shapes you want.

A little long write-up for such a small project like this, but I'm sure this will help you, when you work on it. ;) (Maybe I should post a little DIY thread while I'm at it.)

WWTTFF! But at the same time, LMAO. Wrong thread indeed, but that's the weirdest wing spoiler I have ever seen on 6gens. We all know what the main purpose of having a wing spoiler.←Downforce. But that thing looks like it's gonna break apart @ 60mph.
Washed the salt off it.

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Red__Ryder/RedRyder/temporary-1.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Red__Ryder/RedRyder/temporary-2.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
I see that you haven't put your new rims yet, but anytime soon? (Don't tease us no more lol.) I like your new sig, too. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@Sil, we do have Michael's up here, so that's good to know.

I don't think a DIY is necessary, but if you are willing to, I am sure it would be appreciated. Thanks for the info.

@CB, you managed to get it cleaned off, huh? I would do the wife's TL, but the thing would turn into an icicle with the way the wind is blowing up here today.

I picked up some new rotors for the wife's TL, waiting to confirm who has rear calipers for the car as well and hopefully picking those up today.

Redcoupe

Reaction score
Hmm interesting .. i think i want to do this now too since i have some light brown felt adhesive sheets lying around somewhere that'll sorta match with my tan interior .. i just have to be bothered to take apart my door/panel trim lol. Easy to do? I'm assuming its the same as when you would replace the front door speakers?

Recently i polished my heat shield..

IMG_2147_zps9e05b77f.jpg

and .. yesterday i lowered the front down to 24" again ..

IMG_2388-lighter_zps39237110.jpg

And today i lowered it down to 23.75" front and 24" rear. And if anyone is wondering.. my uca's are hitting hard on bumps and some dips now :/ lowlife huh .. lol.

Need to trim my front fender liner someday and probably get fenders rolled.

IMG_2395_zps27379841.jpg

Car is very dusty ..

Have you managed it yet? Just open the trunk lid and look inside, you'll see two bulb sockets that you squeeze the clips inwards and it should pop out..
I actually did the coupe is different from the sedan. In the sedan you pull the cover off in the coupe you pull the harness (small hands is a must)

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Recently i polished my heat shield..

http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh551/LeAccord/IMG_2147_zps9e05b77f.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Nice job! That looks great, I wonder how long it will stay looking good though. Polished goodies ftw.

[quote="Sil2DrV6, post: 969298"]I see that you haven't put your new rims yet, but anytime soon? (Don't tease us no more lol.) I like your new sig, too. :thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

Still waiting to hear back from WheelFlip. :( I contacted the guy before the holidays though so I am going to call this weekend. Basically just need the new lips, then put everything back together again. So I hope to have them done by February, but they won’t go on the car until spring.

[quote="SykVSyx, post: 969356"] you managed to get it cleaned off, huh? I would do the wife's TL, but the thing would turn into an icicle with the way the wind is blowing up here today.[/QUOTE]

It was 35 last night when I started, and it was 32 by the time I was done. And being in the wash bay I think made it warmer. But if it were 10 degrees colder I think it would have been too cold and the soap/water would have just froze. That happened to me a couple years ago, I didn’t realize how cold it was, and I got to spraying soap on it and the soapy water solution was just freezing on the panels…I had to quit and drive home with the car looking like complete **** haha.

It was still cold, but I just could not stand the salt anymore. Hope it warms up a bit for ya!

gt58

Reaction score
ordered a sundown 8 earlier in december, put it in and it wasnt hitting very hard. i ordered a dual 2 ohm to wire it to 1 ohm to get my amps full power(~1500) i took it out like a week ago to put my 15 back in because it didnt sound good. my buddy and I were chillin yesterday and decided to take the woofer out of my box and hook up my DMM to the voice coil to see what it read. my "dual 2" that i ordered was reading 3.5 ohms per coil. sounds like a dual 4 to me...... so im talking to the owner of the site i bought it from trying to get a refund or have them send me out a dual 2 ohm.

Last edited:

scrapnav6

Reaction score
Made a ghetto exhaust hanger b/c mine decided to brake off causing my exhaust to scrape the ground allllll the way to work. Now it just scrapes the normal amount.

Back