What'd you do to your accord today?

Mikey

Reaction score
Im just not feeling the red. But, an LED DIY nonetheless. :thumbsup:

What did I do today? Let's see...oh yeah, I removed the filter behind the AC display. Alex pointed that out. It was kind of a PITA but I got it. Not a HUGE difference but definitely less blue than it was before.

LeAccord

Reaction score
What did I do today? Let's see...oh yeah, I removed the filter behind the AC display. Alex pointed that out. It was kind of a PITA but I got it. Not a HUGE difference but definitely less blue than it was before.

It wasn't that hard was it ? Hahaa , it was a big difference for me because mine was actually quite blue at first with the filter behind it. Might be the led I used but my whole climate control is white now so I'm happy.

Tried taking the instrument cluster apart to see how to remove the blue tint from the odometer and cluster face but I stopped there because everything seemed glued down .. Was there a DIY for this ? Couldn't seem to find it ..

Mikey

Reaction score
Yes and no.

Someone, cant remember who, did a proper DIY and they removed all the glue and blue coloring from the cluster. I think. I just remember it being a HUUUGE ordeal and, apparently, a massive PITA. I know foil helps to disperse and avoid that hotspotlook but I think it's inevitable.

LeAccord

Reaction score
^ I probably won't bother then haha.

Today .. Went to my garage and saw that a massive piece of gyprock fell from the ceiling edges and dented my fender and put two scuff marks on my side mirror :furious:

image-6_zpsc089f80a.jpg

Simkid5614

Reaction score
So you tapped into the lights yourself? & it wasn't like that factory/originally?
If so then you might've tapped into the wrong wire.

No.
I used a relay harness from TRS to wire my bixenons up, I only tapped the Drives side input pigtail, AFAIK everything is factory, i haven't touched anything for it.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Today .. Went to my garage and saw that a massive piece of gyprock fell from the ceiling edges and dented my fender and put two scuff marks on my side mirror :furious:

image-6_zpsc089f80a.jpg
Nooooo! I'm sorry to see that... Well, at least the paint wasn't damaged though. Planning to go to those paintless dent removal shops? Perhaps you can buff off those scuff marks to make them less noticable / disappear.

Wait a min. If those dents are bigger than size of a coin, and not too deep, there might be a way to remove them with DIY.

You might have seen this on youtube or something, but:

1) Heat up the affected area w/ a heat-gun or something.
2) Use an air-duster (those cans to clean out your keyboards for your PC) shaking & spraying upside down to hit the affected area.

They might pop right back. I'm sure you'll see many videos on youtube. I know it works if the size of a dent is from fist-sized to foot-sized and beyond. (Bigger the better.)

I know it doesn't work for those fingernail-sized typical door dents, but since your dents are relatively bigger than those, It might be worth trying this out. (Judging by the size of your dents, chances are about 30 ~ 40% success. If you do this, I'd consicer taking off your headlight since the dent is close to the lense. You don't wanna melt your lense.)

If it works, give me high five.

LeAccord

Reaction score
(Typed this before seeing your post, Richard haha.)-->

I spent nearly 4 hours taking off the fender so I could push out the dent a bit. It did improve but there's still two dent marks there that I can't get out.. Scuff marks are still there ..
In order to get the fender out you gotta take off the front bumper, your headlight and take off your side skirt. I found the side skirts in particular very difficult to get back on. It is a PITA. Oh and I sheared a bolt that holds the fender on but it's okay .. There's still 5 other bolts holding it on lol.

While I had the bumper off, I drove it up on planks and lowered the car again a bit.. Still not at 23" just yet but I'm starting to think how the hell you guys at 23" or lower can drive around town .. Lol

Now Richard :),

Because I didn't have a heat gun I used a hair dryer, still as effective, just takes a bit longer to heat up that's all. Once I heated it up enough I just pushed from the inside with my hands (didnt have that air duster can and I sorta couldn't drive to the shops because I already had my fender off lol) and it slowly moulded back into shape. Here's before and after comparison :
image-6_zps0b27cc9a.jpg

As you can see there is a bit of paint damage but most of it will buff out.

Still appreciate the info you looked up for me :rock:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^ Not a prob, my friend. Looking at the before & after pic...., damn... Job well done! You're seriously becoming a major DIY guy. Very respectful! (If it ever happened to me, I'd try that heat-gun + cold spray first, and if it doesn't work out, I'd call those body shops immidiately lol.) ← What a lazy guy, I know...

What I liked reading your comment was this:

I spent nearly 4 hours taking off the fender.....(Albeit all of your intensive labor to get rid of your damage)......
While I had the bumper off, I drove it up on planks and lowered the car again a bit..
I was like, "again???" lol. I think yours is quite low already. It just makes me giggle, b/c you never seize to stop going lower lol.

Anyways, this gentleman's DIY spirit truly amazes me. :thumbsup:

Back