What'd you do to your accord today?

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Installed my EBC 3GD rotors and red stuff pads, blead the brakes. Stops great, like never before, but the problem I'm having is the noise, that sounds like pad rubs against rotor. Never had any noise with regular pads/rotors, can't figure out the problem...

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
If you have never had drilled/slotted rotors, you will have to get used to the "buzzing" sound they make with the brakes not applied. During breaking you will hear a low humming sound. Both are normal.

If it is brake squeal then you will have to grease the back of the pads well. I have EBC slotted rotors (recently replaced my old EBC dimpled/slotted rotors) with Red Stuff pads in the front and still have the EBC dimpled/slotted with EBC green stuff in the rear. The Reds squeal a little more than the greens did but they bite nicer. I regrease the back of all the pads each tire rotation to keep the squeal down to a minimum. Which I have down to a science, can do it in no time now. The Reds are also dustier than the greens but overall, I am happy the setup I have now.

Last edited:

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
^When does the sound occur? And what are you hearing?

It sounds like a brake pad touching the rotor when it's turning, it goes away after applying brakes..coming from front brakes

^ and it does sound as what you describing

Last edited:

Brad2274

Reaction score
It sounds like a brake pad touching the rotor when it's turning, it goes away after applying brakes..coming from front brakes

^ and it does sound as what you describing

think i have the same sound^ i just did my front pads barely 500 miles ago and it's making that sound on one wheel, but mines not a constant noise, it tsssk...tssk...tsssk, depending on speed, i used the anti squeal, but mines probably a warped rotor lol never replaced them.

CokeZero

Reaction score
think i have the same sound^ i just did my front pads barely 500 miles ago and it's making that sound on one wheel, but mines not a constant noise, it tsssk...tssk...tsssk, depending on speed, i used the anti squeal, but mines probably a warped rotor lol never replaced them.

Did the backing plate get bent? Make sure its not being rubbed.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Touched up some rock chips & the corner of rear fender lip for rust prevention.

Re-checked the torque spec on my wheel lugs, after a few hundred miles of run.

Filled it up, 'n bought an oil filter & a bottle of fuel system cleaner for the upcoming oil change.

Hello People

Reaction score
Working on changing out all my interior lights, the vanity lights came in today so I installed those. Waiting till it gets dark so I can compare brightness. I'm really happy with the color though, they are very white.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416690736284.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416690736284.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 74
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416690874849.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416690874849.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 86
  • uploadfromtaptalk1416690935555.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416690935555.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 79
Back