What'd you do to your accord today?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
20150306_141557.jpg

Actually did this yesterday. Locked my keys in my car and I had to be in class for a midterm in twenty minutes. Had no choice but to bash it in.

Glass was everywhere! Also kinda disappointed that the alarm didn't go off. I'll definitely be investing in an aftermarket system for my next accord.
Holy shit! I guess you were so ready to ace the test.. Idk if I have the guts to do that tho.. I'd probably explain the situation and ask them to see if they can postpone the test. Did you leave the window smashed, while you were taking the test?? Yea, the factory alarm doesn't have the shock sensor. It only goes off, when the lock is unlocked.

my band aid sticker came in ! lolol
c1c12e0cb302458ad01a3112b0dba922.jpg
Looking at the location of your damage, I think you can get the oem half-nose mask for your hood, and cover the area of damage.

Bought the tire valve core tool.

Tighten the rest of my tire cores, and checked the air pressure.

Shaved off some metal surface on my inner door panel.

Spray washed the car.

LeoY

Reaction score
Found an old style yakima fairing one state away on cl and had it delivered today. Good day!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Picked up some extra door inserts to wrap, looks like I'll have enough material with this one sheet.

temporary-46.jpg

Brad2274

Reaction score
Picked up some extra door inserts to wrap, looks like I'll have enough material with this one sheet.

temporary-46.jpg

headliner adhesive in the can works better than the popular 3m 11 stuff just fyi, those pieces arent real hard to wrap but the arm rests are a nightmare if you dont cut and stitch two pieces.

Jordan_H

Reaction score

temporary-46.jpg

I'm still waiting for my rear door panels to get done. It's costing me nothing so I can't complain on the wait time. I'm guessing you got red perforated leather like you were talking about?

Varnell

Reaction score
Holy shit! I guess you were so ready to ace the test.. Idk if I have the guts to do that tho.. I'd probably explain the situation and ask them to see if they can postpone the test. Did you leave the window smashed, while you were taking the test?? Yea, the factory alarm doesn't have the shock sensor. It only goes off, when the lock is unlocked.

Yea, it was for my Calc III midterm and the professor has a "no excuses whatsoever" policy for missing tests. The decision was made a little easier as I had a spare tinted window in my garage. The window was easy to replace, but vacuuming all the glass is another story.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
headliner adhesive in the can works better than the popular 3m 11 stuff just fyi, those pieces arent real hard to wrap but the arm rests are a nightmare if you dont cut and stitch two pieces.

Is that for the material to be applied to the front face of the panel? What about wrapping it around the back, should I use some kind of glue or would the headliner adhesive work for that as well? No plans to wrap the door armrests, but may do the center console armrest…not sure.

Btw, did you get my PM?

I'm still waiting for my rear door panels to get done. It's costing me nothing so I can't complain on the wait time. I'm guessing you got red perforated leather like you were talking about?

Yessir. I am happy the perforations on this sheet are the same distance apart as the perforations on the steering wheel, shift knob, and seats.

james'99

Reaction score
Yea, it was for my Calc III midterm and the professor has a "no excuses whatsoever" policy for missing tests. The decision was made a little easier as I had a spare tinted window in my garage. The window was easy to replace, but vacuuming all the glass is another story.

I'm not gonna post them publicly, but our cars do have weak spots that if you need to get in in a hurry, it will cost less than a whole window. If you can't figure it out, PM me, but I'm not gonna post that public. lol

kn0x47

Reaction score
Is that for the material to be applied to the front face of the panel? What about wrapping it around the back, should I use some kind of glue or would the headliner adhesive work for that as well? No plans to wrap the door armrests, but may do the center console armrest…not sure.

yeah you use it for the front and around to the back. it'll hold.

I assume that pink sheet is padding? cause i was gonna say, don't glue the leather straight to the metal insert...it won't look good

Back